Thread: Brisbane Landbased fishing Database

Brisbane Landbased fishing Database

Hi all,

Although I am new to this place, I cant help but notice how many "Where can i fish landbased in Brisbane?" threads.

So what I have done in typical urban planner way, I have made a Google Earth Location map showing landbased fishing spots around Brisbane.

It also explains parking/access, known species, methods, and some have special conditions.

The whole idea of this is so you can click on the location and find out information. I have used a little information provided by members on this forum in past posts. Also, people can add information in and repost the updated version (encouraged).

So here it is.

Instruction: Download File by clicking the following link - http://www.mediafire.com/?4j9dmtayg3t
    Open is using Google Earth - File> Open> File Location
    Browse by clicking on the fishing markers.

Feel free to update this and maybe sticky it for all the newbswho come in asking for fishing places.

Sample:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5690/fishingea5.th.png

Thanks

Andy

Re: Brisbane Landbased fishing Database

That's an awesome idea. I can't wait to get home from work to show my son (Snagking). He'll have me busy now.
    If I can work out how to make additions, I'll include the area that we've just started "exploring".

Nice work Andy. If you have a spare moment could you put one together for Manila? finding it hard track down a decent spot over here.
    Oz

Brilliant! nice work. I wonder if there's an easy way to do a collaborative one via the online google earth ?

nice work andy, just gave it try.

i'll have to figure out how to add to it.

al

If you right click on the specific point and go to properties, you should be able to add to it.

Otherwise you may have to select an option over in the left after right click on the fishing spots drop down list and make it "expandable"

For those of you that only use maps.google.com ...

just copy & paste this link http://kitteridge.net/fish/doc.kml into the search field & click on search

I will update it when I see a newer version available

looking forward to the Redcliffe sites

Hey, thanks heaps for that.

Would be good to get this going, even if we put fishing reports in each section.

What an awesome idea!
    Can someone let me know what i am doing wrong, as i have tried to open the file and it says user profile is invalid?
    Also tried to download and i get a file that my computer does not recognise.
    Any help would be much appreciated
    Cheers

Should work.

Go to www.maps.google.com.au
    in the search bar, copy paste "http://kitteridge.net/fish/doc.kml" without the quotation marks.
    It should work.

if you chose to download the file, you have to make sure you have google earth installed (probably latest 4). open google and go file>open>to where the file is. Dont double click the file, dunno if that would work.

Otherwise it should work, maybe operating system problems, cant think of anything else.

The markers need some work, and regular updating, so its pretty b-rate at the moment. but hopefully it will pick up.

Cheers,

Andy

could someone please repost this google earth database file or email it to me at sambino_1@hotmail.com thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by sambino View Post
    could someone please repost this google earth database file or email it to me at sambino_1@hotmail.com thanks in advance.
    Email and attatchment sent.

thank you very much.

Like sambino I am trying to download
    this file but it has been removed. If anyone can help can you repost it please

Quote Originally Posted by gregtheaj View Post
    Like sambino I am trying to download
    this file but it has been removed. If anyone can help can you repost it please
    I have the file on HDD but unable to upload it. The file name is doc.kml. I have emailed it as an attachment to others. If you know of an easier way I can get a link to it, please let me know.
    Cheers.
    Bob.
    If you go back to post #7 Raben you can click on that link and save the file to your pc.
    Last edited by Gon Fishun; 30-12-2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: update