Thread: GMC sierra?

GMC sierra?

Probably not the best place to ask BUT,
    Anyone been in one or know of anyone with one? Were looking at the 2500LT with 6.6 litre TD with 5 speed auto tranny.
    Cheers

Re: GMC sierra?

I get the Diesel Power magazine from the states, and you rarely read much about them being bad. Aside from the IFS, but shouldnt be a huge issue. And you can get 500+hp outta them without much trouble, jeez i wish i could get that outta my Patrol :/

i have a gmc sierra 2500 with the duramax 6.6l . Mine is a long bed crewcab and is the 2003 model .
    Just had the injectors done 2 weeks ago and is not cheap . I think the 04 and up haven't had the same probs with the injectors .
    I tow 4 tonne often (bobcat) , and with the tow haul mode it works a treat . They are a heavy wagon at about 3.5 tonne empty but get up and boogy well .
    This is my 3rd chev and the alison 5 speed auto is much better than my last 4 speed (which i had to rebuild)
    I have had mine on the beach and it went fine just not a lot of clearance as the chassis are low and very heavy duty (which is a good thing, the heavy duty bit anyway) .When i did the injectors i also got the banks performance package put on which boosts it up to 400hp ( you can never have too much hp ) So if you see me on the road , get out of my way
    Craig

Hercules how many Kms did you do before you had to replace the injectors?

We just brought an 03 2500lt with a 6.6lt duramax crew cab, full leather, power chip, 20 in chromes etc it also has the 5 speed allison auto. It's going to tow a 4.5 tonne boat.

Cheers

mine started to blow smoke at 160,000 and i replaced them at 180,000 . There is no particular time that they go , they may not go at all , just the luck of the draw . It is certainly the truck for towing . I'm 8 tonne on the road all up and it gets up toowoomba range no worries and will lose traction if i want it to .
    Any other questions i'll help out if i can
    Craig

Yeah one more mate,

where did you get your tow pack from? looks like we may have to get one custom built.

Cheers

i have a hayman reese set up with a pintle hook that slides in and swap it when towing the boat . It came with the truck and from memory it has been modified . You will probably have to do the same as the back of the springs stop you from getting the last bolts in the chassis on the hayman reese ( i didn't realise it had been modified untill a towbar guy mentioned it to me ).
    It may be different on a shortbed ?
    Craig

Yeah not sure mate. Cheers you've been helpful!