Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Stradbroke Island

Re: North Stradbroke Island

Hi Craig, can't help you with the fishing advice as haven't been on stradie for years, but will be there at Xmas as well. 4 th to the 11 th of jan bronze patrol feel free to say hi.
    Cheers
    Aaron

Ricardo,
    I am very jealous, good luck fishing and hope the weather improves.
    Looking forward to hearing about your trip.
    Are you planning to try anywhere else? Point Lookout off the rocks, Main beach etc?

Good luck,
    Craig

Hi Easy Rider,

I have been a few times but no toff the rocks so will be an exciting wait until Chrissy.
    I will be over the from Dec 22 - Jan 1 in a black Wrangler and will have a male Rotty with me.

Cheers, good luck
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by CraigBeinke View Post
    Ricardo,
    I am very jealous, good luck fishing and hope the weather improves.
    Looking forward to hearing about your trip.
    Are you planning to try anywhere else? Point Lookout off the rocks, Main beach etc?

Good luck,

Craig
    Hi Craig,

We will mainly fish from the private jetty they have here, we aren't set up for beach fishing.
    The weather has been fine so far, apart from the strong N/E that was howling when we got here. Today has been much better with a nice southerly greeting us when we woke. The fishing has been OK so far with a few very nice bream landed and a few under size sweet lip & squire.
    There have been a few big bust off's from god knows what, but they were fun while they lasted

Hi Ricardo,

Glad to hear the weather is playing the game.
    Sounds like it's about time to up the leader and get ready to land one of those bigger boys.
    Keep me posted on how you go.

Craig

Back from our trip Craig and in the end, the fishing was disappointing. We ended up with a few nice bream and a couple of squire, but we were lucky to get them.
    I had a chat to quite a few people over there and they were saying the same thing, very quiet. Hopefully when you head over things have picked up a bit.

We go to Straddie a couple of times every year and the locals say the same thing every time, that it is quiet They are the most secretive group going around. You can just about wipe it as a visitor fisho.

Take some cans and save your money on bait

Hi Ricardo,

Sorry to hear the fishing was not the best. At least you got a few...besides, its just nice to get away fishing.

Hi Mango,
    I can understand why they would be secretive. It is such a nice place, hopefully the fishing stocks are preserved for years to come.

Ill keep you posted on how I go........