Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omens & Uppercuts.

Omens & Uppercuts.

Omens and Uppercuts !!

If I started this story at the beginning, it’d take until the Touchy M & G to write it, so I’ll start mid-way.

After a late start ( omen 6 ) to the day ( Sunday 27th ) I headed to Landcruiser Mountain Park, some 2 hours NNW of Brisbane up past Kilcoy. Traveling out through Brisbane I took the left lane at a certain road, but ended up behind “ 3 abreast “ cyclists.( omen 7 ) , I then was forced to take a wrong turn ( omen 8 ) and ended up on the right road, BUT, due to road works could not exit the right offramp and had to take another and longer route ( omen 9 ). By this time I was thinking to myself, there have been SOOOO many omens for me NOT to continue, should I ? Yes, I thought, I’ll push through these and luck will be on my side.

The journey to L/Park was not that bad and I thought I had beat the omens. Found my way to the office, paid dues and proceeded to find a couple of mates that were competing in the Tough Tracks Challenge. Found them only to find they had been eliminated from the final round not 5 minutes before I got there, but did manage to win a stage the day before.

I got a lift back to camp, via some very steep inclines and ruff terrain in the 500HP Scout. Did I mention the batteries in my camera died ( omen 10 )

Packed up the Toyo Scout ( picture here abouts and on trailer ) and as it was my first time to CruiserPark the boys were going to show me around. Followed them to the Pig Pen where there were a number of people enjoying themselves. I surveyed the area and noted that all waterholes looked deep. Drove about a bit more and one fella tells me that the waterhole “ over there “ is only 2ft deep. “ are you sure ? “….. “ Yep , just been through it “. So I look at it and decide that I needed a little bit of momentum. Backed up the Nissan and gave it some throttle. Pictures below tell the story. 2ft my ****. 4ft more like it.

OK, so I hit the water at speed, came to a sudden stop and turned the motor off ( this turns out to be a good thing ). Water starts coming in through the floor and my bot bot is getting wet. Snatch on and the car is removed within minutes. Open doors to let water out and start removing Tadpoles from windscreen……

Tow Nissan back to camp and remove Air filter, tubes and things to Turbo, tappet cover off and remove glow plugs, turn motor over and blow out water from engine. Found an aircompressor to blow water from Turbo. Flatten battery from too much turning over. Find out that the jumper leads I have are RS… ( omen 11 )… or is this tooo late. ??

It is decided that the vehicle needs to be towed to Brisbane to have the engine stripped and fluids replaced etc etc. Tow vehicle a few K’s to the Office where I make phone calls and find a willing accomplice to hire a car trailer and take me home.

While I wait, I remove seats, floor coverings, panels, seat covers and anything else I could. Now it is getting dark and I am wearing shorts and t-shirt and thongs… bbbrrrrrr ! Mate turns up just before 7 and we load the Nissan.

Heading out of the park there is a steep hill and we are in 2wd……. Can you see it coming ?????? We didn’t…….. back wheels spin, lock up brakes to no avail, we are heading backwards at a rate of knots and cannot see to steer rig to safety. Luckily ( if you can say that ), we jack-knifed the trailer into the scrub and that stopped us from disaster. Got out…..no damage…. Locked in hubs and off again. Made it another kilometer and notice the trailer wheel is deflated, well one was, still 3 good ones !!!!. Change the flat with spare… bugger-all air in that one. Heading back it poured with rain.

After a short stop for a snack and cuppa, and regain our thoughts and count certain blessings, we make it back to Brisbane and drop off Nissan at Goodyear Autocare Springwood. We go to a nearby servo that I will be able to hire a ute for a few days. ( omen 12,543 ) . “ just pick up that phone and it will connect you straight to the hire company “,, says the attendant. Good…… “ you have been placed in a que and we will answer your call shortly ‘…….. AT 11PM ????? These people are kidding. Anyway, after hearing this about 6 times, another voice answers “ there is no-one available to take your call, please leave a message “. Mmmmmm……….. “ I want to hire a ute “. OK, try again….. same….same. This time leave ALL details and teel ‘em I’ll call in the morning. Forgot to mention about the big sign.. “ hire cars 24hrs/ 7 days “.

( OMEN 2,349,978 ) <So I tell my mate, you go home and I’ll get a cab. Call cab, 5 minutes later he turns up. “ where to ? “…… “ Sherwood “ I say…… “ where’s that ? “. YOU ARE KIDDING…………… So I tell him the directions, he’s half asleep, all over the road and it cost me $44.00. ggggggrrrrrrr.

OK, after a shocker of a sleep, I hire car in morning. I have to catch a train to near where hire company is. I look up time table etc etc and find train leaving shortly the goes directly to the station I want. Get on train ( front of train displays “ Shorncliffe “ ), get to Roma street and the announcer says that the train only goes to Bowen Hills and I have to change trains. To me, this is a big deal as I haven’t been on a train since Jesus played fullback for the Israelites… OK, manage to ………bugger it, this is taking way too long.

At this stage, the car turns over and starts but we have issues with dash lights not doing the right thing. We will change all fluids tomorrow and filters,.

I have cleaned out all electrics ( CRC and air blown ), washed all interior, taken computer chip thingie to have cleaned and re lacquered. I have the snatch strap in water and the seat covers have been washed.

I have many bruisers under my chin for the number of Uppercuts I have given myself over the last 24 hours. All you need to know that the Nissan will live to fight another day, but the fight has been taken out of the driver. Omens… listen Phill….listen. !!

Go gently people.......
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 28-05-2007 at 07:41 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Omens & Uppercuts.

more pics of other stuff

ppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Hows it going Phil
    I know those omens all to well and i to ignored all of them and payed the price dearly at least i know of one other who has come to the demise of land cruiser park i suddenly don't feel so bad.

Russ

Nice one mate don't ya luv it yeah yeah it's not deep she'll be right trust me!!Had a similar thing happen at magela crk crossing the water was about 1200 deep looked out my window nearly eye level with the water.You just get that sinking feeling hey.. good pic's Good luck Dan........

I guess one word sums it up..... Bugger !

There is another two words Damo...............................

YOU IDIOT !!!!!!!

Dont ever ask to borrow my car!!!!

PS: Will lend ya me boat anytime.

Ohy Dear,Oh My

Just one question Phill...Was the water warm.

Cheers Dazza

Oh phil you poor bastard.... such a nice truck too

I live by the theory... avoid mud at all costs. Its like unprotected sex... a few minutes fun but a lifetime of pain.

I thought you had a snorkel on that thing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by thedeckie View Post
    There is another two words Damo...............................

YOU IDIOT !!!!!!!

Dont ever ask to borrow my car!!!!

PS: Will lend ya me boat anytime.

he could put the boat onto dry ground

I have a theory - boats are for water - cars are for land.

The last couple of weeks you have been trying to disprove that . Boats aground and cars in the water.

Hope everything cleans up OK.

Phil,
    You obviously failed to read ALL the signs
    "TOYOTA PARK"
    Not Nissan
    Thats a heap of bad luck mate, but it can only get better from here
    Hopefully
    Rob

Thanks Phil I needed that pick me up this morning. RAFLMAO.
    Not good but it is funny.
    You are going to have electrical issues in the future, time to trade up.

the list is getting bigger Phil, stay away from trees, stay away from water when in a vehicle designed for land (the hard stuff ya walk on), boats are designed for water (wet stuff for swimming and such activitys, as aposed to land).
    Hows insurance cope with a claim like that, maybe a right off?
    things have gotta get better Phil if there is any such thing as carma as you do so much good carma
    cheers
    blaze

Quote Originally Posted by blaze View Post
    the list is getting bigger Phil, stay away from trees, stay away from water when in a vehicle designed for land (the hard stuff ya walk on), boats are designed for water (wet stuff for swimming and such activitys, as aposed to land).
    Hows insurance cope with a claim like that, maybe a right off?
    things have gotta get better Phil if there is any such thing as carma as you do so much good carma
    cheers
    blaze
    I think I've missed something here
    Wheres the thread on the boating problems your having Phil?
    Rob