Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Were To Fish In Ballina Nsw For Flathead & Bream?

Were To Fish In Ballina Nsw For Flathead & Bream?

can people please help me out i'm new to fishing & love it.i live in lismore nsw & been fishing in ballina nsw nearly every day the last few weeks but can't find any good spots for flathead & bream etc? can anyone please help me out with places etc?

Re: Were To Fish In Ballina Nsw For Flathead & Bream?

i could tell you a couple of places....but i don't know if i should. do u have a boat?

nah i don't have a boat yet.would love to know them places?

Hey Cuz

The river at Ballina has been a bit quiet lately. The water has been very clean and makes the fish a bit wary on the bite. A lot more rain would be helpful. Probably either side of low tide is the best atm. Lots of places to fish even without a boat - the lower end of fisheries ck below the cleaning tables down to the entrance to the river is good. The rock wall on the south side, west of the ferry is worth a throw. Work your way along that until you find places where you are getting fish. The north side near the ferry is also popular. Emigrant ck down past the antique shop is also worth trying. Keep your eyes open to see where others are catching fish. Snowy bream should be turning up in the next weeks - the ocean side of south wall has been good for them in the past for me.

Any white water on either wall or holes or gutters on any of the beaches might be your best bet until we get some more rain.

FWIW

Tony

PS I just remembered that you can check out Tony Zann's fishing report at:

http://reports.fishingmonthly.com.au...4cfe6e701b44af

He puts one out every friday and it could be useful to you
    Last edited by Tony_N; 28-05-2007 at 04:56 PM.

Thanks Tony.Appreciate it

Thanks Tony.Appreciate it

sometimes i have a little flick around the boat harbour off fisheries creek. regularly catch bream and flathead there, tho that has been slow lately. around the ferry there are some nice spots. the sand flats around north creek are good for a throw for flathead...or whiting in summer. i never too much luck fishing from the rocks near the skatepark but i often see blokes catching blackfish along there. sometimes of a night i have a little go behind the CBD although sometimes that can be pretty useless

Hey Cuz
    I only fish in a boat in Ballina and fish it 2 to 3 times a week, But i think if you tried down near the ferry on the opposit side to the new jetties will catch you a feed. I fished just around the corner on sunday for 17 lizzards and a couple of bream on plastics. but there is a fair bit of weed there so high tide would be the go. good luck

thanks corby 17 lizzards ay were they decent sizes? & what king of plastics were you using? cheers

i have often thrown a line out into that mud near the ferry (opposite side to the new jettys) thinking that it was a likely flathead haunt. i've not yet caught a fish there (despite getting super keen and wading through knee deep mud one day).

i have had a lot of luck near those new jettys tho

ok cheers for that will give it a go.roughly what were the sizes of the flatties?

hey again the biggest was 52cm all caught on atomic shads and 3 inch gulp grubs in the pumpkin seed. i have pics of 12 fish as i was fishing a local social comp, only measured 12 of the 17 for a total of 4.03 metres

nice corby,can i have a look at the pic's?

cant work it out send me a pm with your email and i will send them there

Download irfanview and resize your pics then try to post.