Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: building my new off road camper

Re: building my new off road camper

ok this week saw my guards,sides,front and rear and the floor of my trailer arrive ! anyway i welded the sides on and also welded thelug bolts to hold on the 2 water tanks! here are the pics so far! notice the size of the guards! 300mm wide! nice!!

welded in the floor today! will post more pics next week!

Must admit I love seeing projects like this, especially when i havent got the skills to undertake it... keep it going... theres a great thread on another 4WD site where this bloke has been building his ultimate camper over the last 2 years on Saturdays,, amazing...
    cheers
    Mike

yeah i have seen that one!

It's next week.

MR Trailermaker.........It's time for more pic's

well work has been busy ! will be finishing it off completely next week! including paint! sorry for the delay!

ok here is the progress so far! floor has been welded in! also i have purchased landcruiser hubs and new axle and have also welded on the guards and also the running boards that the gas bottles and jerry cans will be mounted on! you can see the light mounts on the back i have made to hold the lghts. on monday the new axle and hubs go on ,also the cruiser rims and 4x4 tyres!

enjoy!

Last edited by shano; 14-07-2007 at 09:48 PM.

here is some more shots!

Shaneo,

Good to see more photos of your camper.

With work and family its hard to fit everything in.

Take care and good post

Trevor

yes very hard ! building the kitchen at the moment!

Awesome work there Shano!!!! Just a thought on the tow bar hitch. i have a serious offroad boat trailer that was built really well (wish I could take credit but I can't). The guy that built it used a Treg Polyblock Hitch for the hitch instead of a standard towbar. It's a heaps better alternative than stock for a heap of different reasons but the main 2 are that it's is very very easy to hitch up and it also allows maximum side side movement (needed when offroad) I'm not sure how much they are worth but if i was in your situation I would pay what they ask.

P.M. me if you would like pics of mine.

Cheers Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

hi chris , have considred it ! but there will not be any situation that i would use it! only place i will be taking this one is rainbow! not really looking to go off the beaten track! have a baby on the way! cheers shano!

ok trailer is on final legs! i will be purchasing the adjustable legs for the rear this week and finishing off the kitchen, on saturday just passed i purchased te camper top nd started fitting it this week! i had to do a few mods to the base frame of the tent but all has worked out very very well! anywayi will let the pics speak for themselves!
    cheers shano.

shano,

Well looks like your getting there now.

Congratulations.

Pick up my new one in a week or so and then to design and fit the boat loader.

Trev