Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Clever Ideas!

Re: Clever Ideas!

Ever had trouble lifting big barra or any big fish into you boat with landing net or lip grips, whilst trying not to skull drag the fish or break you landing net and/or back!!!

If there is two of you in the boat. One person lean over the edge and get a good hold on the fish. one hand on grips other under the gut of the fish. Then get you mate to grab you by the shoulders or shirt and pull you backwards whilst you hold the fish. SIMPLE AND EASY. The bloke holding the fish doesn't have to do any lifting whilst in an awquard position. same principle with the landing net (one hand on the net and one under the fishes guts).

Just something I learnt once.

PS: If your going to do this....do it quickly. If any other boats see you in this position...It would look abit gay!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Ever had trouble lifting big barra or any big fish into you boat with landing net or lip grips, whilst trying not to skull drag the fish or break you landing net and/or back!!!

If there is two of you in the boat. One person lean over the edge and get a good hold on the fish. one hand on grips other under the gut of the fish. Then get you mate to grab you by the shoulders or shirt and pull you backwards whilst you hold the fish. SIMPLE AND EASY. The bloke holding the fish doesn't have to do any lifting whilst in an awquard position. same principle with the landing net (one hand on the net and one under the fishes guts).

Just something I learnt once.

PS: If your going to do this....do it quickly. If any other boats see you in this position...It would look abit gay!
    Or you could get the missus/girlfriend to reach over for the fish......

"Sorry darls, I'm "REALLY" trying to get you back up. Just keep holding on..."
    (Make sure you leave the gaff at home )

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Dog View Post
    I reckon you'd give him a bit of a belly-ache if he swallowed it.

Maybe if you covered yourself in these, you'd be too hot to eat - he'd have to wait until you cooled down.

Can crocs blow air onto their food to cool it down?

Nah, they don't have lips.

unless you have a croc with gourmet tastes, lol, cooked meal

but in theory, if it is a cool day, the sudden heat should give it a shock, lol

what a brillaint simple idea putting velcro rough to the bottom of esky / tackle bag etc hank you petra
    add my bit which is a simple check list before heading out or leaving the ramp basically as follows
    CHECK LIST - (depart & return)

1. – Boat keys
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. – 2 x Bungs are in

3. - Trailer brake off

4. - Jockey wheel up

5. - Front clears window is rolled up

6. – Boat Tie downs fixed in place

7. - All gear stowed so wont blow out of boat on the road

8. – Ladder up

9. - OB up and supported
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    10. - Tie rope onto bow of boat when launching
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Take rods out of rocket holders before backing boat into shed

hey -what a brillaint simple idea putting velcro rough to the bottom of esky / tackle bag etc - thank you petra
    to add my bit which is just a simple check list before leaving home or leaving the ramp basically as follows
    CHECK LIST - (depart & return)

1. – Boat keys

2. – 2 x Bungs are in

3. - Trailer brake off

4. - Jockey wheel up

5. - Front clears window is rolled up

6. – Boat Tie downs fixed in place

7. - All gear stowed so wont blow out of boat on the road

8. – Ladder up

9. - OB up and supported
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    10. - Tie rope onto bow of boat when launching
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    11 - Take rods out of rocket launcher holders befor going home

tie a rope to the upright on the trailer that holds the winch wrap the rope around the winch bar that the handle is connected i think you go under and over the bar do this four or five (must get it the right way or will not work) times give your self some slack and tie the end off to the upright you can then leave the cable on the boat push the boat off the trailer and tug on the rope to slow the boat up while it is coming off the the trailer saves the boat coming off at a rate off knots and you control the speed will try and post a photo later

shane

The way I control the speed the Vag disappears off the multirollers on the trailer.

You can stop it any time with one hand to release the winch hook and I let the boat pull the cable out from the powerwinch so its at the end of the trailer ready to hook up for retrieving.

Cheers
    Chimo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What could go wrong.......................