Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Clever Ideas!

Re: Clever Ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post

Didnt people just congratulate you for your tought and meaningful 5000 posts?LOL
    Yeah mate ......... I'm showing the real me now

kev

Top Tips:

Baseball cap manufacturers. Save the wearer the bother of turning your caps round by putting the peak on the other side.

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyd View Post
    If you think that way then obvously you married the wrong person.

I put the suggestion to owen to buy a bigger boat, ok so his sights are a little higher now and I have had to say no for now, but he goes fishing nearly when ever he wants, sometimes may not get what he want when he comes home but he goes fishing.
    he is a lucky man. So am I..I got the bigger boat and she chose it. I bet he always get what he wants when he gets home...a nice cold beer.

#1. When heading out for an extnded period on the boat never leave without a roll & a spare roll of $hit tickets

#2. Grab some of those glow in the dark sticks for your rod tip when night fishing it takes out the guessing of "was that a bite" ?
    Last edited by Black_Rat; 15-07-2007 at 01:53 AM.

Here is a copy from another forum... I did this about 2 years ago now and there is still no rust on my trailer

After just having the last week or so off work I decided to make up a simple system to wash the inside of my boat trailer with out having to lay in the mud and grass to do it. Most of the trailers I have seen that rust tend to do so from the inside.

So off to Bunnings new store I went and brought some 19mm poly irrigation pipe and fittings and some 5mm flexable clear pvc tube total cost about $15.00.

I ran the pipe down each side rail (on top of it) and put the tube into the drain holes at the end of the crossmembers. Then a hose fitting at one end and a stopper at the other.

I have also put one down inside the side rails with lots of holes in it and a fitting at one end for the hose to hook up to.

I tried it out and it all works well, not the best looking mod I have ever done but I think it will be one of the most usefull oh and cheapest.

So now when I get back from a trip I just hook up the hose and the trailer gets a good wash inside (where you never get with a hose) while I unload the boat and have a beer I know I still need to wash the outside of the trailer but that is always the easy bit.

And if I get 12months more out of the trailer for $15.00 how can I go wrong.

If you own a open tinny, you all know how cold it can get on your face whilst underway on a cold winters night or morning. With no windscreen to protect you from the elements it can get fn cold. So wear a baliclavia/skimask to protect your face from the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    he is a lucky man. So am I..I got the bigger boat and she chose it. I bet he always get what he wants when he gets home...a nice cold beer.
    No Greg I hid his beers and as he is only able to have a male look, he never finds them. What else did you think I was talking about?
    cheers
    sandyd

put bungs in b4 you head out.....I'm full of good ideas!!

I often head out on my own and these ideas have helped - I place my wallet, mobile phone, car keys and a spare camera battery in a small Pelican Micro Case that is waterproof and it floats. When I pull into the ramp I simply grab the boat keys and the case - safer with me! Because there's nobody to hold the boat steady in the wind and current while I attach the winch cable, I put a bollard on the winch post so once I've pulled the boat into position I can quickly tie the rope to the bollard under tension and the boat stays put. I tie a piece of thick fishing line fairly tightly around my rod handles so I can easily hook the lure to it rather than the guides. This means the lures and hooks bang against the cork handle rather than the expensive graphite. No damage to the cork yet!

PJ

Quote Originally Posted by 2rods View Post
    Here is a copy from another forum... I did this about 2 years ago now and there is still no rust on my trailer

After just having the last week or so off work I decided to make up a simple system to wash the inside of my boat trailer with out having to lay in the mud and grass to do it. Most of the trailers I have seen that rust tend to do so from the inside.

So off to Bunnings new store I went and brought some 19mm poly irrigation pipe and fittings and some 5mm flexable clear pvc tube total cost about $15.00.

I ran the pipe down each side rail (on top of it) and put the tube into the drain holes at the end of the crossmembers. Then a hose fitting at one end and a stopper at the other.

I have also put one down inside the side rails with lots of holes in it and a fitting at one end for the hose to hook up to.

I tried it out and it all works well, not the best looking mod I have ever done but I think it will be one of the most usefull oh and cheapest.

So now when I get back from a trip I just hook up the hose and the trailer gets a good wash inside (where you never get with a hose) while I unload the boat and have a beer I know I still need to wash the outside of the trailer but that is always the easy bit.

And if I get 12months more out of the trailer for $15.00 how can I go wrong.
    Just love it. I might just use this idea myself. Thanks for sharing.

Poodroo

When applying sunscreen - use a plastic sandwich bag to cover your hand. (or disposable glove if you have them)

That way, no sunscreen smell to taint lures or bait.

.................................................. .................................................. ...........................

What I'd like to see is a rust-free version of one of those spring-loaded, extendable dog leash thinggys. (The type you usually see a chihuahua or pomeranian running around on) Would be good for attaching crab-pot float to.

Attach the handle end to the float and the dog end to the pot.

No tangled lines to stand on, less chance of cutoffs as the tension on the line would keep the float almost directly over the pot. And rope stays correct length with change in tide height.

Would be super easy to throw the pots out - the rope just unfurls itself to the required depth. When you're pulling the pot back up, the rope rewinds itself too.

Maybe it could be built into the float.

Anyone into manufacturing????

- Sea-Dog
    Last edited by Sea-Dog; 16-07-2007 at 10:08 AM.

Sorry for the obvious, but.
    Use Pomeranian for bait.
    No worries about rust proof as you use a new leash every pomeranian.

If you hear of someone snatching yap yap & leash from a dirt bike, I didn't do it.
    Last edited by Nowhere Bob; 16-07-2007 at 12:23 PM.

seadog, thats a top idea, quick make it legally yours so no one flogs it

sorry, double post.
    Last edited by Nowhere Bob; 16-07-2007 at 12:22 PM.

When I take the boat out I put my phone,wallet,keys & camera in a small storage container with a snap lock lid that I bought from crazy clarks for a few bucks. It keeps tham safe and dry with no salt on them.
    ________
    Redhead Webcams

Another idea is to find one of those old metal mincers at a trash & treasure sale.

Mount it on the gunwales of your boat. Next time a (insert favourite pest fish here) makes an appearance - drop him head-first into the mincer. Instant burley.

Can be used for any scraps. No bits big enough to give much of a feed, but coarse enough to drift down toward the bottom.

Also, its quieter than the old traditional burley chopper.