Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Clever Ideas!

Re: Clever Ideas!

Your two posts are gold Kev, also liked the beetroot in the freezer,

recent experience has proved, never assume the other boat is just coming over for a chat.

Muzz

"This ones probably obvious but ... If you have a carpeted floor, stick the rough side of a strip of velcro on the bottom of eskies, tackle boxes and the like ..... to stop them from sliding around"

Simple but brilliant, and here I was wondering where to screw down flanges to attach a strap to hold on to the esky handles

If bottom bashing with hand lines have an old push bike tube handy so you can cut a piece to slip on ya finger to stop the BIG ONE when it runs from slicing ya finger with the line. Works on overheads too.

Cheers bob

sew a strip, or get your misses, to sew a strip of thick cotton on all trouser seams to strengthen them, I went out last night, slipped, and split the crotch of my trousers (I did the splits, painful and embarassing, than god I was wearing underwear :lol: ), so now all fishing clothes have the seams strengthened so they wont rip, lol

haha yeh you dont wont your tackle everywhere!

One of my enduring memories as a child was of wearing my dads jumper as pants, sleeping on the seat on the 70km drive back to the farm from fishing.

Velcro hmm, what can't you do with it I wonder? I use it to fix the sounder to the seat after breaking 2 brackets. Like the idea of the flexi-cutting board - a bit like fitting polypipe to the tops of tray-backs. That'd would work on the gunwale of the tinny, come to think of it.

Mozza

For those contemplating forking out for trailer roller axles with grease nipples on (expensive) the other option is to drill holes in the rollers so a grease nipple will fit in and let you pump it in with the gun.
    Personally I don't grease mine, I squirt oil in along the axle, and where the axle runs in the bracket, every now and then.

I GOT A ESKI THAT HAS HOLES ON EITHER SIDE FOR TIE DOWN PIONTS OOOPS so i got two gal gutter nails and tied rope to them and wrap that around the front thwart and put the nails in the holes to stop the esky from sliding around whilst under way.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

He's an Ideas man that Kev!! Talk about laugh!!!

Hey Poodroo...Good thread mate. Here are a couple for you budding entrepeneurs

a. Numbered Flags for your arial....that way I know what channel you are on
    b. Altitude detonators for crab potts....that will make scum think twice.
    c. Put the tire pressure on the valve stem cap....that way the missus wont put 62 PSI in her car tyres.
    d. Oh and telephones that recognise & block Indian call centres....

arrgggghhhh the serenity!!

Regards

BilgeBoy

At least yours checks the pressure BilgeBoy .
    Good idea Davemlean!! Strengthen the shorts and undies to avoid blowouts

How about putting your phone and camera in a zippy lock bag to try and avoid the ingress of water into said electronic items that don't really like briney water. That ones saved my neck a few times in the tinny.
    You can buy the proper bags but they're usually a pain in the posteria to get the items out of.

Keeps them coming guys.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by BilgeBoy View Post
    He's an Ideas man that Kev!! Talk about laugh!!!

Hey Poodroo...Good thread mate. Here are a couple for you budding entrepeneurs

a. Numbered Flags for your arial....that way I know what channel you are on
    b. Altitude detonators for crab potts....that will make scum think twice.
    c. Put the tire pressure on the valve stem cap....that way the missus wont put 62 PSI in her car tyres.
    d. Oh and telephones that recognise & block Indian call centres....

arrgggghhhh the serenity!!

Regards

BilgeBoy
    Thanks BilgeBoy. I just knew there had to be more than one good idea out there. Thanks everyone for getting in and sharing them. Have picked up a couple of good tips. I think that's a great idea about flying a flag with the radio frequency. That way people can call you up on the 27 meg and hurl abuse at you for something rather than scream it out at the top of their lungs.

Regards,

Poodroo

Keep all old bait and suitable kitchen scraps (bread, pizza crusts, cheese, sausage, prawn shells, oil from anchovy tins etc) and throw into food processor with a bit of water and blend to a slurry. I've got a brand new food processor, which cost me $20 at "the Warehouse", which is only used for this purpose. Pour the slurry into an ice-cream tub and freeze solid. It might take a few goes until it's full, then remove and tie in a plastic bag and start again. When next you go fishing place a block in your berley bucket and you'll get a slow release of very fine berley as the block melts. Unused blocks act as ice-blocks in the cooler until used.
    Cheers Freeeedom

Quote Originally Posted by Freeeedom View Post
    Keep all old bait and suitable kitchen scraps (bread, pizza crusts, cheese, sausage, prawn shells, oil from anchovy tins etc) and throw into food processor with a bit of water and blend to a slurry. I've got a brand new food processor, which cost me $20 at "the Warehouse", which is only used for this purpose. Pour the slurry into an ice-cream tub and freeze solid. It might take a few goes until it's full, then remove and tie in a plastic bag and start again. When next you go fishing place a block in your berley bucket and you'll get a slow release of very fine berley as the block melts. Unused blocks act as ice-blocks in the cooler until used.
    Cheers Freeeedom
    Great idea there Freeeedom. Thanks for sharing. I love my anchovies so that's a good excuse to eat more.

Poodroo

heres one for ya.
    when your doing a solo trip and you need to get some yabbys, but as murphys law has it you end up trying to pump them when there is half a foot of water or so over the bank. Each time you pump your yabbys into the seive it tips or sinks and you lose the yabbys.
    I have done this to my seive and it works a treat. All it is is a kids pool noodle, cable tied around the outside into a few holes drilled through the lip of the seive

Quote Originally Posted by ashh View Post
    heres one for ya.
    when your doing a solo trip and you need to get some yabbys, but as murphys law has it you end up trying to pump them when there is half a foot of water or so over the bank. Each time you pump your yabbys into the seive it tips or sinks and you lose the yabbys.
    I have done this to my seive and it works a treat. All it is is a kids pool noodle, cable tied around the outside into a few holes drilled through the lip of the seive

I have done this with a bike tube but you need to tie a rope on it to stop it drifting away in the wind.