Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Clever Ideas!

Re: Clever Ideas!

Lol WHALEOIL. That'd be something I'd do. Did you carry on like an angry loony when you realized you left the floatation out? If so we could be long lost twins.
    Nah Poo. I couldn't because the missus is the person who pointed to the back fence and asked if I was going to leave it out.
    I calmly replied, " Of course I am, other wise it would be in the boat"
    She calmly came back with "Bullshit, idiot"
    10 years ago and there wouldn't have been a tool left in the yard.

Quote Originally Posted by WHALEOIL View Post
    Nah Poo. I couldn't because the missus is the person who pointed to the back fence and asked if I was going to leave it out.
    RALMFAO

That's a classic whaleoil. Thanx for that.
    Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. But ,flogging him into submission will result in him taking up crabbing.... and once he gets a taste of that sh*t, well, he may never return again.

Yeah thats a shocker WHALEOIL.
    The only thing worse than realising that you have stuffed up big time is when your wife realizes it before you do.
    Then it becomes family legend and you reach a bizzare kind of immortality that means you are remembered more for your bumbling antics than any perceived heroics.

But thats family for ya.

cheers Scott

Thanks Fellas.

Yeah thats a shocker WHALEOIL.
    The only thing worse than realising that you have stuffed up big time is when your wife realizes it before you do.
    Then it becomes family legend and you reach a bizzare kind of immortality that means you are remembered more for your bumbling antics than any perceived heroics.

But thats family for ya.
    Nah mate, my credibility will always be in tact. I bought a freezer some years back so we could buy in bulk.
    She went and did a shop to stock it up and what did I find? A dozen cans of beetroot.
    The simpleton gold medal is hers.

An oldy but a goody-

Always check the bungs are in

Here is a little tip I picked up recently after re-flooring my boat with 3 mil checker plate. I will give you the order that putting your boat back together should NOT be in.

1. Fit the meticulously cut aluminium into the boat.
    2. Fix the floor to the boat with numerous pop rivets.
    3. Screw seats back into the boat
    4. Cut marine carpet and hold in place with flat bar aluminium.
    5. Refit fuel tanks, air breathers and all those other fiddley things that you have to have 7 elbows to gain access to.
    6. Look down the back yard at the floatation leaning up against the fence.
    Hahahaha

Toddy

Quote Originally Posted by Poodroo View Post
    Obviously someone who doesn't follow the reports Estuary section too closely.

Poodroo
    Dear Mr Poo ,above comments were not directed to you but all of us as fishermans .

ps:jumperpants idea still tops
    George
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

This ones probably obvious but ... If you have a carpeted floor, stick the rough side of a strip of velcro on the bottom of eskies, tackle boxes and the like ..... to stop them from sliding around

Cheers
    Petra

I have got some thin cutting board type material stuck to the side decks so i can do a quick cut of bait or line etc without having to get the cutting board that has usually gone walk about when shifting spots.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

my wife made me a pouch with fifteen pockets & gave me her thread holders from her cross stitching collection . I now make up diffrent traces before we go & it takes two seconds to re rig after a bite off .
    cheers fae haggis.....................

when using paint or sealer to seala your ply between coats wrap your bush/roller in gladwrap then in a plastic bag to seal it up. stops it from going hard or having to wash the items up.

old painter trick for smoko

neil

i got one or two.

1! mandatory license checks whilst buying fuel to catch unlicensed and warranted drivers.

2) the Spurinal (patented ). like a urinal, but for people to chuck up in at bars. wall mountable. Also portable version for hospitals.
    Last edited by theclick; 29-05-2007 at 11:42 PM.

I replace my wheel bearings twice a year and keep the old ones (usualy two sets) and one new set in the boat for those that don't.
    I have done 2 trailers in one trip during school holidays.

Make sure you have a mate with a boat.....saves you buying one to go fishing (if you like fishing out of a boat)
    Make sure he has lots of tackle as well. Might as well save that expense as well

I'm not even going to contemplate the jumper pants idea. Might be a tad scarey
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Run your anchor chain thru an old push bike tube, so the chain doesn't rub on your boat.