Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chicken for bait!

Re: Chicken for bait!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dogsbody
    Fresh chicken livers = Big bream so a old salt told me in Yamba.

Dave.

I've been told the same by a few old fellas from toorbul and donnybrooks, problem is where do you get it.
    Hungry, you should get livers at most major chains. If you can't, ask the deli to order you a 2kg bag.

Well, thanks for all the replies and great tips guys.....I obviously didn't stumble upon a secret at all. seems like it is a pretty well used option!
    Think I might start experimenting with thighs and breasts (so to speak!), and try some variations, addititives etc.
    Chicken is always easy to come by and and realistically it is not expensive! Hell, if you buy 3 or 4 packs of frozen baits, that can cost you an arm and a leg!
    Cheers

Dave

Fresh chicken livers = Big bream so a old salt told me in Yamba

How well does liver stay on the hook?

Cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_Snappa View Post

How well does liver stay on the hook?

Cheers

Dave
    There's a bit of grissle in the liver. Make sure the hook catches on that.

And while we're at it.............another cheap and good bait for bream is ox heart.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

how bout this i was camping and ran out of bait eating a packet of chicken shapes chucked one on and WALLA little bream ran out of biscuts chucked on a bit of liqurish ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ PING snapped somethingh outthere likes liquish but wat

(sorry bout the spelling)

How ya living?

Quote Originally Posted by hungry6 View Post
    I've been told the same by a few old fellas from toorbul and donnybrooks, problem is where do you get it.
    hungry if your in the toorbul/donnybrook area you can get all you want from ""zarbelles"" at the dog leg on old toorbul point rd,,,, they process chickens there,,, and if your too busy to drive there,,, they also home deliver

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

I love my little anchovies added to my pizza!!!!!

The bream don't share my pizza, but love the anchovie oil mixed with their chicken!! Used to perch myself on the rock wall alongside broadwater tourist park in winter at night and get myself a good feed of quality bream with this stuff and no other bait. Works a treat!!

Scalem

New of a pro crabber who used chicken frames in his pots in and around moreton bay who said he got alot of big parrot caught in them having a chew on the chook! Also had one of the best sessions bream fishing in a local creek using steak but best buy that on the way or prepare an argument to justify taking steak for bait to the missus!!!!

Zarbelle, that's the road that goes past that strawberry farm? ahh oki'll head up and get a couple of kilo and keep that in the freezer for the nex couple of months.
    Thanks for the head up fellas.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

Quote Originally Posted by hungry6 View Post
    Zarbelle, that's the road that goes past that strawberry farm? ahh oki'll head up and get a couple of kilo and keep that in the freezer for the nex couple of months.
    Thanks for the head up fellas.
    just to clarify,,,, old toorbul point rd runs between bribie rd and donnybrook rd,,, from the donnybook rd end it runs parallel to the bruce hwy,, then it throws a sharp left ""dog leg"" bend,,,, zarbelle's are on this bend with a new shop out the front,,,

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

caught my biggest bream ever on chicken breast and even a nice size squire at the pin on it,caught a heap of flathead to on it.
    If i could get paid the same to fish, sorry boss but i ......!

The other thing you could try is the chicken sausage meat in the nob you get at the deli. That is all we would use in cabbage tree creek near the trawlers and we get large bream. It is a bit soft and does come off after one bite but it sure catches the quality bream and it is real cheep.

Besides if you dont catch any fish you could always snack out on the bait.

Cheers Bob

Great for Burley too. Bait fish go carzy over it. Especially if your chasing Yakkas.

Cheers Chris

I'm going to Iluka on Sunday and I've got some chicken breast fillet to try for the bream.

I'm going to cut it up into strips and soak it in sardine oil with some crushed garlic for about 24 hours and then see what happens. I thought I'd throw a couple of mullet fillets in the brew as well.

Hopefully it should work OK. If not, then it's back to the yabbies.

TOL

Talking Re: Chicken for bait!

just got back from a night sesh in the goldy seaway and thought Id give the chicken breast a go. Anchored up and cast up into the oncoming current and was letting the very lightly weighted breast on a #4 hook with a lumo bead drift back down past the boat, managed a few bream, some keepers and a few undersized grassys. Guess what Im gonna use for bream from now on!