Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Richmond Jew

Richmond Jew

Have the jewies started to show in the Richmond yet? Thanks, Sean

Re: Richmond Jew

Next Tuesday Sean.

hi Rabbi,I am going to target them this year. Any tips on locations and if you have a spot to get mullet that would be appreciated. Thanks mate, bSean

Quote Originally Posted by rabbi View Post
    Next Tuesday Sean.
    Mate

I realise that a rabbi might have some insight into what a jew might be thinking - but "next tuesday " sounds like you might have the ear of the Lord Himself. If not, I'd love to hear what has prompted that prediction ('cos I know that you know what's happening in the mind of that elusive fishie). Anyways I'll be putting out a line that is set for them on tuesday on the basis of my respect for your knowledge of the species.

Tony

Catch all my jew on lures Sean. Last year you could catch big jew anywhere in the river up to 30kms up. Just have to pick the right time and tide. check out some of the previous threads on jew. I get them on the beaches , off the rocks and in the river, just got to find them which can take a lot of practise. Each year is different so it is mostly trial and error and you could write a book on it. If you don't like the rough stuff on the rocks try the river behind the RSL club or around the deep holes near the ferry. If you have a boat fish along the porpoise wall on the south side of the river or the Prospect bridge as jew move around a lot and like structure. But having said that I have caught them in a metre of water around sandbanks. Revving around in boats will put them down very quickly so use some stealth. There is a lot of info in these chat pages so have a look. cheers, steve.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Tony. Last year I hit the nail on the head with my prediction but you know what they say about lightning.
    One of my mates said I needed to get a girlfriend to give them a chance with the jew,, But it is pretty darned hard to find a lady who's good on the gaff. lol.
    Maybe after jew season Hey!!
    I will let you know what happens.

gday fellow fishers ive been a couple of times this week but only got little fish & ones 2 small to take my bait just played & killed my bait .but will keep going &trying be better once it cools down. cheers ida

I will be out to on next tuesday night, will be in a stacer seahawk tinny red bimini look for the blue aus fish stickers and a man wainting with anticipation!
    Jewienewie

seeing quite few mullet around the rivers, that's got to be a good sign. Nerang River, Nerang this morning, lots of mullet jumping out of the water. I'm sure they're not doing that for enjoyment, something must be chasing them. Wonder what? Jew?
    ...finally some results on the placcies !
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ... in the beginning there was plain text, then graphics, now what ?
    Discover VIDEO EMAILS : www.talkfusionpartners.net
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys, I am keen to have a decent crack at jew on lures.What sort of retreive do you use, any lure reccomendations? Also I was to have a crack at them on poppers anyone had any luck with this?.....btw2, I will release all fish caught, I don't eat fish anymore, I can't be bothered cleaning them as my wife doesn't eat fish. Sean

rogerso, I think mullet don't jump because they are being chased. I don't know why they do.

G'day guys, just got home from work. Its a bugger doing shift work(sometimes).
    jewienewie, Where are you going fishing? Don't worry I think I know where. I am still trying to swap my work shift on tuesday night so I dont know if I will get there yet
    Any sort of shallow diving hardbody that imitates mullet will catch jew as well as numerous types of SP's. Poppers work well too. Just got to cast them in the right place at the right time which I will leave up to you to work out as I have to keep some secrets for myself.
    Hi Ida, I hope its a good cold winter this year as I don't mind the cooler weather either. There have been a few good jew around but they are only the river jew and not the bronzies
    Apparently mullet jump to clean parasites off themselves but if they are doing 10 jumps a second with a terrified look on their dials I would be tempted to chuck a lure in after them. cheers, steve

G'day Tony and jewienewie and all, Just wondering how you fared with the jew over the last couple of nights.
    I went out last night for an hour or so in the river with the light gear and did not see a ripple from a baitfish or anything else apart from a big occie sucking around the edge.
    Tried a different tack tonight and just got back home at 7pm. Found a shallow reef with a few baitfish hanging around & tossed SP's into 4-5ft of water.
    Got hammered by 4 little jew around the 2kg mark and released them back into the water. The next two hits were a bit harder and were 3 casts apart but worthwhile with two nice bronzies coming in. Have to pack up now and go do a nightshift with work, funs over. Cheers.

Couple of nice fish there rabbi.

You're a bloody legend mate!!

Well done. Cheers, Jeff.

Rabbi, Rabbi, nice fish mate. Had the boat loaded on the back of the truck and about to head down the drive when a bloody family issue poped its head up
    So i didnt end up going out. Not happy especially after reading your post.
    Maybe sunday night, you know where i will be.
    Jewienewie