Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Richmond Jew

Re: Richmond Jew

oops - sorry
    Last edited by Tony_N; 23-06-2007 at 04:15 PM.

Gday all, just new to this site & to this area,great info from all.Originally from sydney & then central coast for a couple of years, I,ve finally been dragged up here by my lovely wife(wish she had of done it sooner.)Ive been an insomniac jewy basher for some time, predominatley bait with good success best fish going 34kg out of about 1000 caught(as you may figure ive spent a bit of time on the water & had some good spots.)Being completely new to the area pritty much means starting all over, so it's been good to get on this site & find there's a few crazed jew fisho's like myself.As I mentioned being from a "bait" background a top mate of mine was living in Illuka working & fish'n with a bloke by the name of Darren "dizzy" Borg, (a renowed HB lure maker & legend jew spinner) who converted my mate to lures & has prompted me to give it a shot after seeing his success.I've have a young family which between them & work dosen't leave me as much time as I would like to explore & get things down pat.If any of you fellas out there want to T up(& make a new mate) & put in some time on the water togeather chasing these beauties(lure-bait) I would love to hear from you.I've been fishin bruns breakwalls with a couple of unstoppppable hook ups & have managed to nail a 15kg.A few blokes I've spoken to say bruns is one of the best jack rivers around but dont know so much about jew,is this true?Is it worth persisting in what appears to me to be a shallow system?By the way the way "Rabbi"when's your next seminar?it seems you've got a following.Good to meet you bunch,talk 2 ya soon. Night owl aka darren.

Gday all, just new to this site & to this area,great info from all.Originally from sydney & then central coast for a couple of years, I,ve finally been dragged up here by my lovely wife(wish she had of done it sooner.)Ive been an insomniac jewy basher for some time, predominatley bait with good success best fish going 34kg out of about 1000 caught(as you may figure ive spent a bit of time on the water & had some good spots.)Being completely new to the area pritty much means starting all over, so it's been good to get on this site & find there's a few crazed jew fisho's like myself.As I mentioned being from a "bait" background a top mate of mine was living in Illuka working & fish'n with a bloke by the name of Darren "dizzy" Borg, (a renowed HB lure maker & legend jew spinner) who converted my mate to lures & has prompted me to give it a shot after seeing his success.I've have a young family which between them & work dosen't leave me as much time as I would like to explore & get things down pat.If any of you fellas out there want to T up(& make a new mate) & put in some time on the water togeather chasing these beauties(lure-bait) I would love to hear from you.I've been fishin bruns breakwalls with a couple of unstoppppable hook ups & have managed to nail a 15kg.A few blokes I've spoken to say bruns is one of the best jack rivers around but dont know so much about jew,is this true?Is it worth persisting in what appears to me to be a shallow system?By the way the way "Rabbi"when's your next seminar?it seems you've got a following.Good to meet you bunch,talk 2 ya soon. Night owl aka darren.

Some great stuff here and in the other Jew threads .

After reading it all I have decided to head down to Woody Head for a few days from next monday in order to give a Jew a crack in the Clarence area. Hopefully the tides and moon phases will come together to give me a chance at one .

As I said before this is great material and hopefully I can nail one putting some of it into practice

Cheers

Neil
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Simms welcome to the area. I can,t PM you but I live in Byron and have started doing a few night fishes. Lets T and hit the wall after this rain. I don't spose you can pm as you just joined. Er...email, pete.watkins@##########

G'day guys, It's been a slow week for me as I only got out twice due to work and the lady but I did manage an 18kg plus a 13kg jew which gave me a buzz. I have seen one huge jew caught last week but it did not surface in the papers at all. I have seen some spectacular bust offs in the last week which is not too surprising as I thought there might be some bigger fish around this season but I also think some of them may be sharks as they seem to have a penchant for lures this year. The Pro's are getting into some good jew up the river so there are definitely some around. The Evans Head fishing classic is coming up so the jew might be around after thats over, like it was a few years back. Might just go and service the reel just in case. cheers, steve.

[quote=rabbi;642970]G'day guys, It's been a slow week for me but I did manage an 18kg plus a 13kg jew which gave me a buzz. I have seen one huge jew caught last week but it did not surface in the papers at all. I have seen some spectacular bust offs in the last week which is not too surprising as I thought there might be some bigger fish around this season but I also think some of them may be sharks as they seem to have a penchant for lures this year.

What a coincedence Steve, it's been a slow week for me to.
    I had to work all week, the kids have been a pain in the arse, and I have had 3 fights with my wife. I drilled my finger with a phillips head bit, and I haven't been fishing once! Oh, and two of my tyres on my car have Nails in them.

Funny how things can be so different for some people!!!

Don't take me seriously mate as I and heaps of other people here are extremely appreciative of you taking the time to give tips and report on here. Thanks again mate, Sean

P.S I am going out Saturday morning for a bream fish but thought I would go a few hours b4 sunrise and have a crack for jew, I was thinking the wardell bridge. Don't suppose you got any tips? Sean

G'day Sean, Geez my week sounds brilliant after reading that lot. But we all have them sooner or later hey. The moon is a bit on the bright side so the fish will be a bit timid. Best to use a sounder and sound around the bridges to pick up bigger fish or bait schools and there might be jew close by. I would give the Broadwater bridge area a go with 75mm-100 white SP,s around dusk or dawn, even last of the runout might produce something but you will need patience at the moment. I was going to give them a go on the weekend but it looks like We are heading off somewhere(apparently). I do have an excellent spot in the river for bigger jew but even that has been quiet of late. Not that I have got there much either. I do predict that there will be a rush of jew soon. We went to Yamba last weekend(left the rod at home) and was talking to some of the local boys and they are getting into some good jew there at the moment. cheers mate, Steve.