Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Fishing for the poor

Re: Fishing for the poor

aus2045,
    Sounds as though you have had a bad run,possibly finacially .........again I see you have posted in the boating section that you are saving for a boat....good on you.

Do you still have the fishing gear mentioned in your last post????? If you do you should consider selling it and purchasing a small boat (or island) to get you out fishing, that sort of gear is expensive, Im sure you could nearly get a cheap tinny with the proceeds.

Sounds as though you had a nice boat in the form of your centre console Sportfish, did you sell it??

Cheers
    Paul

Thats a buggar Choppa, I got a life a sentence too, hard pill to swalow hey?

Quote Originally Posted by thedeckie View Post
    aus2045,

Do you still have the fishing gear mentioned in your last post????? If you do you should consider selling it and purchasing a small boat (or island) to get you out fishing, that sort of gear is expensive, Im sure you could nearly get a cheap tinny with the proceeds.

Sounds as though you had a nice boat in the form of your centre console Sportfish, did you sell it??

Cheers
    Paul

If is old my gear i'd get $1000 max, thats the fly rods, and over 800 lures too, what kind of boat do I get from that?
    Last edited by aus2045; 15-05-2007 at 10:34 PM. Reason: whatever

Mate, I'll give ya $20 for the 6500 bait runner to get the kitty started for the boat, but you will have to pay the freight if Im going to pay that sort of money.

Cheers

Paul

"FISHING FOR THE POOR"????????????????
    The poor can't afford to buy loomis rods or diawa certate reels.

Mate you might not get too many bites on the water but you sure got lots on here.............sorry its hard to believe your story but if it is true you must be the most unlucky fisherman around.
    Cheers Brent

How about my Loop Evotech 9-11 Fly reel (#0015), and the Loomis IMX SR721, the 20 or so Rublex Floppys, and the assortment or heddon flatfish, the 7 unused originial Newell Kadichas, or the first ever wooden scorpions that were made, same as the ones harro took to the kimberlies in his famous vidoe, or my 3 - first ever marketed RMG wooden scorpions. Or the 1973 ABU 1500c. ? Or the old blue Shakespear spining reels, the

add what - $100 bucks for all that.

We're all dicks.

This guy is def having us all on.

He is sitting at home with his mates watching this post like a hawk killing himself laughing.

It only takes him about 5 mins to respond to posts.

Don't even bother trying to convince me otherwise mate. There is no way possible your story is true. Get with it everyone!!!

I used to have money, in better economic times, I bought losts o gear. Was on the Brisbane sprotfishing club commitee (as secretary), sat on the ANSA state comittee, worked with SUNFISH, sat in on MACS and ZACS, did everthing but out a fish in the boat. I used to teach fly casting, did castnet deomonstrations at the Brisbane boat show, taught people how to tie flies at TAFE. Taught some very prominent fishing journo's how to tie comlicated multi strand knotless leaders, etc. know alot, but cant find a fish in Australia in 2007

Having the best of everything doesn't mean that the fish should do themselves a favour and jump on your hooks.

Mate, I only want the 6500 bait runner, I dont even know what that other crap is ya talking about, are they part numbers for the space shuttle or something????

Make it $25 but Im still not paying the freight.

Thanks

Paul

I am not having you on Sean, I used to catch a few fish, but it all fell to bits in the mind to late 90's. Since then, I cant catch anything, I am not dicking you around, I cant catch anything now, partly due to my financial problems (wife and kids) but also due to living in a fishless hole like Rocky.

It's also psychological, if you go out expecting not to catch anything, you wont, it happened to me at a lake I like to go to, I had nothing for months from this one lake, at one point I was convinced there was no fish in it, until one day, I thought sod it and had a go with some lures, and caught a few, then I tried with bait for the non predators and had loads, I had a 20lb carp from there caught on a marshmallow fished with a hastily made float, carp fishing, like any other fishing (apart from trout fisheries, but I hate them, they are the golf courses of the fishing world) is catch and release here, but if any of you guys need help and tips for a carp cull, I'll be happy to help

Wags,
    Unfortunately I think some people think that way!!!!!

Cheers

Paul

Funny you say that Davemclean, we actually do have a carp cull here in Queensland, just south west of Brisbane, it's called Carpbusters, I think it is held annually and a shit load of carp are caught apparently for various prizes.

It's a good idea, bit of fun for everyone as well as getting rid of the buggers at the same time.

Cheers

Paul

G'day deckie, what tackle do you use, cos here I use, a 2lb test curve rod, a shimano bait runner and either 12lb mono or 20lb braid for mainline, a 2 ounce weight with a 20-25lb 15 foot shockleader, and I let the weight slide freely, stooped by the swivel and a stop knot 6 foot from the hook link swivel, hook links are usually 25lb braid with a knotless knot and hair rig attachment on a size 8 hook, this is the simple rig that kills them around here, baits are PVA bags loaded with maggot or PVA stringers with boiled paste baits, like I said, this is the simple method that works wonders for me, and if fishing moving water, substitute the 2 ounce ear shaped sinker for a 2 once flat one
    Last edited by Davemclean; 15-05-2007 at 11:47 PM.