Thread: Rust Proofing

Rust Proofing

Putting my new toy on Moreton in a few weeks, which makes me wonder about the best rust proofing before I go. Whats the best boys ??

Re: Rust Proofing

Have a look at the various electronic anti rust devices. Two that come to mind are Couplertec and Megapulse although there are others. I have recently fitted a Couplertec unit to my falcon wagon so can't really give you a difinitive review just yet but I can say that the paint work is staying noticably shinier since I fitted it. Normally the car dulls after a couple of weeks when it's been washed and waxed but it hasn't been washed for over 6 weeks now and apart from being dusty and showing signs of road grime the paint in general is still looking good which is an advertised feature of these electronic units. They pump the body full of extra electrons which is what is normally shed when paint and metal oxidises so no rust as it's the extra electrons that are shed.

Bushbasher
    I fish therefore I am

Bungie,
    I had the ERPS 6 coupler setup on my Rodeo since new and til this day have had no problems with the disease (rust). IMO I think it's the beesknees.

Wags

bungie,
    mate there are heaps of threads on this with lots of opinions on merits of electronic/wax/lanolin... still reckon which ever one you get a good clean after beach work is still required... also i think if you search for threads by choppa theres lots of info there as well..

cheers
    mike

G'day

I also run a 6 coupler erps on a rodeo. Been on the beach and does its time down the ramps, no worries at all.

Dave

thanks ...