Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Tin Can Bay fishing

Re: Tin Can Bay fishing

Quote Originally Posted by LostNearBribie View Post
    Wow, that is a lot of interesting reading fellas.

Keep it up, it makes great reading.
    But try and keep the agro down.

I read a quote on another forum once, it's very Politically Incorrect,
    so sorry if it offends anyone but it has always stayed with me....

"Arguing on the internet, is like the Special Olympics.
    Even if you win, you're stil a sp....."
    You get the idea.
    Well I guess thats a great excuse for a fence sitter.

Elprez,
    How about answering the questions ? if your able.

Cheers
    James

I didn't find any fish.
    Rained most of the weekend.
    Nice place though.

Theres the problem LNB, it didnt rain anywhere near as hard as it used to. It is a great place tho your right. Have spent all day in a tinny up a creek raining and being eaten alive by sand flies and loving it. how about the banjo music, hear any?

Didn't hear any, but saw a few musicians I'm sure...
    The Marina is looking a bit posh.
    Should have my boat by the time I get up there next time.
    Should be some fun in those creeks.

You can find a lot of places to camp away from the toffs if you want, log camp at Kauri was my fav. bush camp but theyve even got a toilet block there now. All tide access or you can leave your boat in close, just in front of the camp. Very protected never been stopped by wind there so naturally its the only place Ive ever been where the sand flies never let up, 24 hours a day. Mosquito and little stony creek run off kauri, miles of fun to be had or run out to the mouth and into the straits. Just remember you cant see them but they can see you.

You can get away from the toffs if you want, my favourite bush camp was log camp on Kauri creek but theyve even got a toilet block there now. Good rock ramp, all tide access or leave it in close just in front of the camp. Very protected, never been effected by the wind but you can see the tree tops bending hence its the only place I know where the sandflies never let up. Mosquito and little stoney (very shallow entrace) creeks run off it, miles of fun to be had there or head out to the mouth and your into the straits. Just remember, you cant see them but they can see you.

OO00000000ps!!

I'm confused and a little bit 'noidy, who can see me ?

I'm seeing the tracking shot of shadows flicking between passing trees in deliverance.

Looks like Sneaky was just another flaming lurker.
    10 years of this internet thing and I still get suckered.
    Oh well.

Nowhere Bob,

You're confusing everyone with your posts. Instead of worrying about deliverance, I would suggest you should be a bit more concerned about where YOU come from.

Must get a lonely out there in Nowhere Land.
    Last edited by Wear the fox hat; 31-05-2007 at 07:09 PM.

I feel sorry for Silent who started this thread, and whilst the continual interjection is very interesting and informative, I do hope Silent has a great time up there.

Not wishing to start any sort of bun fight, but perhaps another thread should have been started instead of highjacking this one.

Cheers

Dave

Every body stay calm, I'm taking this thread to Cuba.

Much apologies for poor form. I too hope Silent had a ripper trip.
    And yes WTFH it is lonely - but its pretty funny none the less.

Nowhere Bob,

No offence was intended. Just having a bit of fun with ya.

WTFH

Boo, going back that way this coming week-end. Looks like its going to blow like hell. Havent heard any reports from up that way lately, what about you blokes. Macs should still be there, what about tailer?

On wed / thurs of last week the Long tails so thick you could walk across them.
    Had some success with soft plastics, they're not interested in chrome slugs.
    The trick seemed to be a small profile SP, on a smallish hook, but one with enough strength to hold them. I didn't get that balance right so I have no photos to post.
    Very shy of enging noise, but pick your spot and they will come close enough for a fly shot. Damn that gets the pulse up just thinking about it.