Thread: 12 volt inverter

12 volt inverter

Anybody know enough about 12 volt inverters to give an opinion about these ?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/3000W-Power-I...QQcmdZViewItem

I realise they are cheap and cheerful. But was wondering how well they would run a camp site and what draw/damage it might do to my battery. Should I install extra batteries in my ute if I brought one ?

Re: 12 volt inverter

What were you wanting to run?
    This sucker draws 1.6A just turned on.
    The modified sine wave should not be a hassle for most things (ie jug and lights) but delicate electronics would be a problem.

Another thing to remember is if you use the 3000W out of your inverter your battery is going to drain quicker then if you had 3000W (or 30 X 100Wspotties) of driving lights on.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Camping, cooking gear and toping up a fridge.
    Work, Jackhammer, drill saw, halogen lights. All the usual stuff.
    With a 1.6amp draw just turning it on am I going to need extra batteries, as I didn't see, or missed it, a low voltage shut off to save the battery

I wouldn't buy it, have found that cheap electrical gear off ebay seems to be just that... cheap and nasty.

check out Fridge&Solar on the net, he sells inverters as well as dual battery gear. Biggest problem with inverters is they are not really designed for 4WD use, it is too rough for them and something will come loose inside and then it is just dead weight.

Camping cooking gear and 12 volt fridge will run well on batteries. I have a second battery mounted in the ute with a third I can pull out and run the electrics around the camp site with.

For the work stuff, get a generator as you will drain your batteries in no time. And that cheap inverter will get fried quick smart.

Brett

May 2006 Order New Hilux - June 2006 Order ARB & Other Goodies - August 2006 Organise fitting of ARB & Other Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Delivery of New Hilux with Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Break Goodies - 3rd September 2006 Use Angle Grinder to Modify New Goodies - 4th July 2007 BEND ARB rear protection bar (Big Rocks) - 31st July 2007 Notice cracked welds in the ute tub. TWIST!! - September 2007 Bend Alloy Side Steps - Feb 2008 Install steel side steps - March 2008 Bend Steel steps & Punture Diff Lock Air Line

Thanks .....

hello,everybody, I am from China, I just learnt this website from Internet.
    I am a salesman in a manufacturing factory , which is the largest one in China, we can supply 60W to 5000W inverter with 12V dc or 24V dc.
    If any body needs it, just contact me by email.
    my address: ericyangxt@##########

Quote Originally Posted by bungie View Post
    Anybody know enough about 12 volt inverters to give an opinion about these ?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/3000W-Power-I...QQcmdZViewItem

I realise they are cheap and cheerful. But was wondering how well they would run a camp site and what draw/damage it might do to my battery. Should I install extra batteries in my ute if I brought one ?
    hi, this inverter seems like ours,
    you can find it in our website www.lingqi.com

The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet. --J. Robert Oppenheimer

Great word!

Have you also noticed that it weighs 12 kg's and I thought it also stated 24volt/240volt.

Chris

11 to 15 volt

The weight was no problem as the idea was to bolt it to the ute

Quote Originally Posted by Brett1907 View Post
    I wouldn't buy it, have found that cheap electrical gear off ebay seems to be just that... cheap and nasty.

check out Fridge&Solar on the net, he sells inverters as well as dual battery gear. Biggest problem with inverters is they are not really designed for 4WD use, it is too rough for them and something will come loose inside and then it is just dead weight.

Camping cooking gear and 12 volt fridge will run well on batteries. I have a second battery mounted in the ute with a third I can pull out and run the electrics around the camp site with.

For the work stuff, get a generator as you will drain your batteries in no time. And that cheap inverter will get fried quick smart.

Brett
    Spot on brett