Thread: navara wobble

Question navara wobble

i v got a 03 dual cab 4x4 navara have problem with steering had allignment allwheels balanced twice still v a wobble at 80-100 klms mechanic says maybe idler arm !!lots of $$$$ its done 800000k any suggestions ?
    don't take life to seriously no one gets out alive anyway l !

Re: navara wobble

Take it back to them were you spent the $$$ and have them test drive it while your in the passanger seat

That should fix the problem

might have something to do with 800,000 km thats a hell of alot in 4 years?

Quote Originally Posted by harlequin View Post
    might have something to do with 800,000 km thats a hell of alot in 4 years?

mate I have had the Hilux back three times for a balance before they got it right (90-100km/hr),
    maybe you have the same issue???

what tyres are you running?

are they new tyres? and did it do it on the old tyres?

Cheers Murf

its only done 80;000 harlequin ! plenty of tread b/stone duellers in g/c murf might try another tyre dealer thanks guys !
    don't take life to seriously no one gets out alive anyway l !

Check the steering rack for side ways movement, the clamps that hold it down can be tight but the rubber bushes can be still worn through, causing the rack to move side ways at every oportunity.

Jump in the car open the hood, turn the steering slightly if you notice the rack move, that may well be your problem.

Only ever seen it once and that was on my car, same symptoms. And tried every thing else before I found the problem.

Great.... something maybe to look forward to.

I have a 06TD which has done 55000km and hasnt missed a beat yet. But maybe if the rack loosens up a bit it might improve the woeful turning circle, which is the only fault I can find on it.

I brought those duelers for my old rodeo.
    They wobbled like there was mud in the rims.
    the dealer said it was my rims.
    So i traded them in on coopers
    Guess what??? perfect.

I'm not saying this is the same a yours but mine were defective. I they sit at the shops for to long the sidewalls developed defects/ flatspots.

I'm guessing the wobble is in the steering try putting the front tyres on the rear and see what happens.

neil