Thread: Fishing trip wensday

Fishing trip wensday

I thought i'd share these pics from a recent bottom bashing trip I took on board a "head boat". In all honesty I caught none of the fish pictured here. I am posting these as examples of what can be caught in my little part of the world.

The first pic is the boat. The second is a pic of what we call a hog fish. The third and fourth are of grouper. They are known localy as " gag" groper. Also called charcoal bellies. The last pic is an unwelcome import. A lion fish. these have been released by people with salt water aquariums. Now they are breeding off our coast.

Doug

Re: Fishing trip wensday

whre is your part of the world?

Mike

Yeah ...where are you...Looks to be great fishing....

Lucky Bast$#d...

Cheers Mick

if thats the thunderstar then it operates outta Shem Creek, Mount Pleasant, Charleston South Carolina,,,,
    one of my brothers had the pleasure of being on board about 20 yr ago,,,, and its one hell of a boat,,,

and if my eyes are right,,,, all those poles you see around the boat are rods,,,, she's over 100' long

choppa
    Last edited by choppa; 09-05-2007 at 07:56 AM. Reason: typing err
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Good call choppa. My you do get around.
    The t-star your brother fished sadly is working in the gulf now. Renamed the shooting star. The new t-star in the pic is from the same outfit but much more room and comfort.
    I have been fishing with these people for over twenty years and may have fished with your brother. I was sad to see the old girl go.

Doug

I just thought i'd explain how I got this pic of the boat. The company that owns her also has another boat called gulf stream. The week before I was fishing the G. S. when the t-star came crusing by to anchor behind us on the ledge.
    Last edited by pennman; 09-05-2007 at 09:12 AM.

doug as a quick note,,,, i dug out the old album and found a few pics that were sent my way from his trip,,,,, one of em shows an old sea dog called ""allan"" and going by the hat i'd say he was the skipper

my brother said that this was a pure family concern,, and the amount of trouble they went to, to ensure all aboard had a great experience was unbelievable,,, it'll be a shame if this has changed,,,

good to see that the gulf is still producing some amazing looking fish,,,and keep the reports coming,,, we need more from ""your part of the world""

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

choppa fishing on that boat is still the same. They really do every thing to ensure a good time is had by all.

know allan well. he is the skipper.

Doug

just got back and done a google on the boat,,,,,, its all there,,, even has a clever little map that allows you to scout around the area,,,, great piece of paradise you've got mate

choppa