Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redcliffe to Moreton in a tinnie.....

Re: Redcliffe to Moreton in a tinnie.....

get a raincoat!!!!!!!!

seriously, great boat should be fine, i have the seahorse equivalant and found it to be a very safe reliable boat, been out in some nasty crap, just drive to the conditions and wear the raincoat!!!!, you cant spend enough money on safety gear. when fishing the top of moreton i leave from spiniker at bribie, when going to tangas or sandhills, i leave from cabage tree or pinkenba depending on the wind direction.

enjoy

lippa

Just moved to Brisbane. Have been driving boats in all conditions including IRB's in heavy surf. I know how to read waves and banks. I did what you said and V-lined straight for the tip of Moreton (northern) at low tide on Sat morn. Lets just say I wouldnt reccomend it. Only one sandbank was a problem. It was about 2 foot deep... and I did pick it. Had to slow right down. But whos to say that bank wont have more sand on it by next trip. From now on Im going to use c-map I think.

I have a merc 75 and took a jerry can just in case as we went to flinders reef. And I put the can in on the way pack just for security. Prob used 75 litres for around 140ks for the day. But we did a lot of exploring. Plus the 4 stroke should use less.

And use the beacons. Oh really do watch out for those big ships. They move real quick. As there wake is aweful. I had wake from the SW from a boat and a solid 1m of chop from the NE. While fun to wathc. It really took me back to surf club days. Like they all say. I would get used to your boat before you hit that stuff.

Moreton didnt fish well yesterday. But driving there would shore beat the $400 dollars it would cost you to drive your car and boat on a ferry

Dick
    Why is all the good weather around on weekdays?

Hows it going mate when are you looking at heading out depending on when you want to go I might be able to tag along in my boat or take you out if you like.

Considering it Russ, cheers mate.

So where are the good spots around Moreton anyway? Never been to Curtains, but im guessing its not far from the Island itself, bout half a km away from the sand?

Love the crystal waters around the Moreton hey.

To easy mate just send us a PM when you want to head out.

Its easy to find the artificial mate, just south of bulwer and look for the hundred boats sitting on it.
    I personally dont fish it, to much tidal run, to many divers, much prefer drifting Bulwer Ledge, some nice fish up there if you work it right

cheers

Brian

Your new rig sounds great - 5.2m with a 60hp 4 stroke YAMAHA. This will prove to be a top boat for the bay. All the tips here are great - radio, EPIRB, trip plan etc.

I don't really have much to add except to take your time. Give yourself an extra hour and enjoy it. Try different setups in the boat (passenger position, esky position, engine trim etc) and find what works best in different conditions. These can make a big differance to your comfort and enjoyment. A tiller steer can be a bit tiring on your grip, arm and shoulder so stop and take a break for a few minutes if you need it. Plus if you go steady you get to enjoy the scenery more. I remember my Dad saying "it's not a race".

Good luck with the fishing.

Cheers
    Brad
    What would Steve do?

fortes fortuna adjuvat