Thread: Leisha Track

Leisha Track

Heading up to Rainbow Beach from Brissie with the family tomorrow to have a bit of a break (unfortunately, I've been advised the boat stays behind). Just curious if anyone has been up lately and can give a report on the Leisha Track. I'm heading up via Gympie so I'm taking it easy but wouldn't mind heading over to Teewah on Saturday to pick up some beach worms.

Any feedback would be great.

Cheers.

Re: Leisha Track

Heard the rainbow end of the track is all but impassable. Huge drop off/ beach erossion..

Maybe a call to the rainbow pub can confirm this.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

I saw on another 4wby forum some pics of Leisha track recently; Phils spot on, described as almost impassable even at low tide..at 4wdmonthly if you search the forums for leisha track youll see the pics of it at low tide... which dont look good for you..
    cheers
    Mike

Thanks, guys. Checked the 4wdmonthly forum. Definately doesn't look good at all. Looks like those blokes were happy taking their fourby through the salt - not me. If I get a chance, I will take a look when I'm up there and take a photo and post it here.

Cheers.

Lee.

went for a drive Tuesday before work (on low tide) and no dramas with access to track via rainbow (without going through water). you can check but with rbow beach bait and tackle - 54863442

access in front of the track may be cut up though this long weekend but, given the amount of 4wd's of i have seen this morning driving past my house, mite need a stop/go man there

fishing has been pretty slow the past two weeks, just the odd tailor, dart and whiting coming from the beaches. has been patches of weed, but plenty of areas to fish where it is clean.

good thing is i havent seen too many netters yet, but this will change over the next few weeks when the mullet begin their spawning cycle

cheers maso

Thought I'd post a couple of photos of the track. All were taken 1 hr and 20 minutes after low tide (mind you, the low was low at 0.58m). As you can see, not a hell of a lot of sand to drive on. The worst part is actually a bit north where the trees have come down. As long as you don't expect to keep dry on a high tide, it's pretty good overall.
    Last edited by Jamaryiz; 08-05-2007 at 08:11 PM.

Couple more photos of the lagoon reforming at DI.

Got this off QPWS website.

Traffic alert - Leisha Track
    Updated 19th February 2007.

Due to severe natural erosion, vehicle access on and off the Leisha Track at Rainbow Beach is likely to be impossible. The beach on the Rainbow Beach side of the Leisha Track near Double Island Point is currently impassable. Due to heavy vehicle congestion, use of the Freshwater Track is not recommended until after the removal of the Cherry Venture in late March.

Please observe any signage and closures.

For updates on please call:
    QPWS Rainbow Beach (07)5486 3160