Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: shimano vs daiwa

Re: shimano vs daiwa

daiwa are twice the reel that shimano are!
    roydsy have you ever used a daiwa reel?
    shimano dont last half as long as what daiwa do.
    also if daiwa is the poor mans shimano what would you say about a saltist or steez.
    stella are nothing compared to these reels. even a certate is better then these and its $200 less! hahahaha

go get 'em hardb8!! nearly all the fisho's i know who work in tackle shops choose daiwa over shimano....me well i started at abu...then went shimano...but finally got what i wanted from daiwa...i may consider a shimano if daiwa doesn't offer anything eg big baitrunner but otherwise no contest.....

And what about the Daiwa Saltiga series, some of them spinning reels are over $1000 a pop. So yeah, i wouldnt call them a poor mans keeper.

I love both brands, im soon to get a Daiwa 3000 Sol and a Shimano 4500B BR.

ok ok il be the bigger man...

daiwa are good but shimano are better and deep down we all no it.

its like saying volvos are god but ferraris are better.

hahahahahahahahahahaha..........evil

Hardb8, I can say from experience most of shimanos' bicycle parts ain't much chop either.... best parts are from technology they bought from another company!

Back on topic, I use both shimano and daiwa! Got a symetre cause it has ARB bearing and high speed retreive for casting small slugs around for pelagics and a laguna for all my smaller lures work. Saying all that, I reckon I would have bought daiwa if they offered a higher retrieve speed reel! Baitcasters I started with daiwa, jumped then settled with two daiwas, though that might change in the future though!... if only daiwa made a 50 sized reel.....
    Last edited by turley; 10-05-2007 at 07:39 PM.

Thumbs up Re: shimano vs daiwa

What turley means is "thank god for Shimano".

What Johno means is "Saltegas [$1230] are dearer than Stellas [$980] even before you upgrade the drag".

daiwa all the way have shimano also but recent gear last 2-3 years daiwa seems to be leading the way with new powerful gear. havent had a dramma with any of my diawa gear yet or the shimano but the feel of daiwas stuff is great. my oldest is a penn 330 gti handed down to me by my dad its caught some great fish in its time from jew in the nt to cobia off the pinn.

good to here about your penn mate.

interesting read, having both Daiwa and Shimano, i prefer Alveys
    Mike