Thread: This cod has had a whoopen

This cod has had a whoopen

Gday a mate got this fella on a surface lure a while back, have a look at the teeth marks on him.
    wamjam

Re: This cod has had a whoopen

Teethmarks ?!?!?!?! From a bigger cod ? What's the address...

hi wamjam sure has some good marks, ive caught 1 cod on lure which had another cod in his gob and only the tail sticking out. they are agressive but only last year alocal fella showed me ahead of a40lb fish that had the same scars ,bites all over its head . would have liked to see these 2 fish at it. cheers bdowdy... p.s got your pm thanks

About 2 years ago we went up to Lake MacDonald for our clubs month outing. We organised a 'tour' so to speak through the cod hatchery that used to operate right near the boat ramp.

The guy was telling us that when it comes to time to check if the eggs are ready to collect from the ponds and put them in the tanks they dive down into the pond (wearing goggles and snorkel) to have a look.

Since Cod are very protective of their young, the cod would swim out of the concrete pipe (which they use as habitat) and grab/bite the first thing they can...normally the goggles! So imagine diving down, peering into a dark concrete pipe, then having a big broad stock cod appear from nowhere, grab your goggles and give them a good shake before letting them go so they smack back into your face.

I would stain my pants I think.

bdowdy,

Just wondering how big is the cod in the photo?

DARC

Didnt measure but would have been in the sixtys about 8-10lb ish
    wamjam

looks like he done a couple of rounds with mike tyson!!!!!

They are a very angry fish my mate had one in a live well while he was getting his camera ready for a few photos and he put his hand into get and it latched on to him kepted doing the same thing for like 30mins.

yeah mate i was washing bait of me leg in the river at woodford and had a big cod tear the skin off me knee cap (BASTARD FISH)

yeh right tjburm2 i seen a ufo the other day 2??????????????????????????????

if thats a murray cod, i read somewhere they are one of the most aggressive freshwater fish, my mate has one in a tank, nothing! will survive in thier with it

Quote Originally Posted by bdowdy View Post
    yeh right tjburm2 i seen a ufo the other day 2??????????????????????????????
    if ya gna b smart bud dnt say anything at all ay

ha