Thread: Bream,Slate

Bream,Slate

Wednesday in the bay. I think I will take all the photos before cleaning from now on as they look pretty ordinary afterwards.
    It's my lucky shirt in case you are wondering.
    Last edited by adrenalin_junkie; 27-04-2007 at 07:27 AM.

Re: Bream,Slate

Nice catch. People knock the old mum in law fish, but they are a good size

Mike

unfortunately, these fish taste terrible from my experience. However, these are impressive size specimens, so for that, you should be congratulated AJ.

I refuse to let anyone keep a slate bream when we catch them on our annual trip up north.

Good work but

RB
    searchin' for my lost shaker of salt

Nice Slateys. I've eaten a few, straight from the water into the pan, not bad chewing like that, don't know how well they keep though as most people don't like em.

Dave.

As far as eating goes, I put fillets in a light beer batter with salt and pepper and fry in peanut oil.
    I can't fault it.

That Bream doesn't look Breamy. Looks like a Squire. Acctually, it is a Squire.

Troy

Quote Originally Posted by blue_mako View Post
    That Bream doesn't look Breamy. Looks like a Squire. Acctually, it is a Squire.

Troy
    You are right Troy, it is a squire, he wanted to be in the photo and i didn't have the heart to say no....lol

I agree,bled and put on ice straight away and eaten fresh,there's nothing wrong with them.They go mushy if you freeze them for too long.

I like to brain spike and bleed on capture and place carefully in an ice slurry(flesh is soft and damages easily). Fillet em, skin em, remove pin bones and lightly dust fillets in seasoned flour. Fry fillets in butter and oil and just before they are cooked throw the whole lot in the bin.