Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twinpower V Sol

Twinpower V Sol

Hey guys

Lookin at buying a new combo and am thinking of putting one of these 2 reels on a bronzeback 3-5kg. Has anyone had any experiences with the 2500 twinpower or Sol ? I am thinking about running 8lb PE braid or fireline on it.

Greatly appreciated.

Re: Twinpower V Sol

just got a sol 2500 this week and absolutely love it mate,
    caught a few fish on it today and was a dream to use

yeah iv used a mates a couple of times and they feel nice, was speakin to a bloke at a shop who said the Sol lays the line on the spool better than twinpowers, especially with braid. im a shimano fan though so finding it hard to make thr switch

i have a twin power 1000 with 4lb braid and i love it. but im thinking about going with the sol for a 2500 outfit no particular reason just for something different. either way you go they are both great reels

i have both, id go the sol, no twists in the braid. your pretty safe with either though...................

Thumbs up Re: Twinpower V Sol

I'm a Shimano man, I have 2500, 4000 and 6000 Twinpowers and love using them, my poor Stadic now gets left at home. They are a very smooth reel with a top drag and feel really strong, and lay the braid perfectly even and compact on the spool. It's every one to there own [even blokes in shops] but Twinpowers are CLASS.

PS: Daiwa Sols may be class too but I don't know because I don't use them!!.

got a sol 2500 , for $250 top reel

go the twinpower went this arvo at my local barra farm and caught bout 4 barra to 76 cm on 6lb fireline and twinpower 1000 super smooth well worth it

mate get a daiwa tierra, just as good

nah tiera when you compare both are no where near as good as the twin, the spool on the tiera can move side to side all the way till it hits the body of the reel and u can feel a big difference between the fluid drive and floating shaft. havent compared it to the Sol though.

Go the Sol i have a 2000 size, had it for 9 months now and can't fault it, i have caught heaps of squire on it and my best fish on it was a 4kg Snapper that was 72cm , the drag is silky smooth, and i am yet to do a service to it, i just hose it off ....oops i mean i throw a little tiny bit of water over it .

Sol 2000- Snapper & 42cm bream.
    Marty.

just a question guys, im getting the sol 2500 and just curious what rods u guys are using with these reels?

something around 6ft to 7ft in lenght, nice and light, probly ranging frm 2-4-2-5kg.

Angler not Dangler
    I use an E.Grell s2..... it is a 2-4kg 1 piece weapon of fish destruction. I use 6 pound fireline on it... a sol 2000 that is. It is an awesome combo.
    Marty.