Thread: fat glenlyon cod

fat glenlyon cod

heres a fat little cod i got while casting to the bank, took 5 hrs to get him but made my day, cheers bdowdy[ATTACH]sum[/ATTACH]

Attachment 5107

Attachment 5108

Re: fat glenlyon cod

G/day

By golly mate between Glenlyon and the Severn you put in some work and clean up on a regular basis. Like to have the opportunity to share some of your expertise, Glenlyon has never turned on the instances when Ive fished it. Its a great stretch of water and has some great accommodation opportunities.

Thanks for the verdict on the Paterson Bass.

Louie

glenlyon has its ups and downs and is a dam which is hard to fish, not lately asthe yellowbelly have been jumping in the boat but you do have to work for your fish sometimes.cheers bdowdy

Well done Brett,did you get him casting or trolling.

rossco

Good job mate ,what did you get him on.
    wamjam

hi wamjam and rossco got it casting to good banks after 5 hours fishing and bang up came this fella and was stoked, been very quiet lately but, hey rossco how did you gowhen you were down as i was bass fishing at toowoomba. cheers bdowdy

They were bit slow Brett, have a look at freshwater reports under Macintyre & Severn rivers.

rossco

great report rossco, caught the cod on a local timber lure in purple and yellow wamjam i love using this colour for cod. cheers bdowdy

nice cod brett, does this fish better the one you caught afew years ago?

no that fish was in the 25 to 30 kilo mark and fought twice as hard. but still good fun and i nearly lost him as he bent the trebles nearly straight. cheers bdowdy

Gday bdowdy
    No offence mate but I won't use purple lures because thats the missusses favourite colour. If she found out I caught something on a purple lure that would be it .I'd never hear the end of it. Must of been the yellow that caught the fishes eye.
    wamjam

yeh i get were your coming from ,the missis is always saying that her lures catch more fish and that i cant use them .but yeh i would have to say one of my favorite colours, what is your fav or most consistant colour. cheers bdowdy

I like green but have caught them on just about any colour when they are hungry.I reacon spots rather than stripes are better.What do you reacon?.
    wamjam

yeh never really taken much notice of spots and stripes but yeh come to think of it have got afew good fish on spots and big spots along lures side.but as you said they will eat anything when there hungry.mates favorite colour is green he found this green lure in a tree and as soon as he throws the thing in he always seems to come up trumps??????.cheers bdowdy