Thread: Closest Offshore Reef from Moreton??

Smile Closest Offshore Reef from Moreton??

Hi All,

I am fairly new to the fishing around the bay, and am wondering what whould be the closest offshore reef from Moreton?

If any one could tell me the name and distance it would be appreciated, doesn't matter which ramp I am just trying to judge how much fuel I would consume on the trip.

Cheers

Re: Closest Offshore Reef from Moreton??

Need more info mate, regarding where you are leaving from For example.

These figures are from memory but someone will correct me if I'm wrong. A straight flog to Comby from Nudgee/Schultz 19NM, from Scarborough 14NM, from Spinnaker Bribie 12NM. I use Nudgee 'cause it's a better ride for the kids, but as you can see, it costs me in time and gas. It takes me 20 mins for me to drive from my house to Nudgee or Scarborough, but I'm not interested in the car drive to Bribie despite it saving on time and fuel for the boat.........I prefer to drive a boat to a car

Once at Comby (again, approx from memory) 2NM to Western Rocks, 8NM to Hutchies, 6NM th Brennans Shoal or 7NM to Roberts Shoal.

These are the closest that I know of, although there are some small patches between Western Rocks and Hutchies

If you want to access offshore via South passage Bar, then someone from Southside may be able to better help than I..............tried it once at the wrong time and it's put the shits up me

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Re: Closest Offshore Reef from Moreton??

keen angler, just a suggestion, why not get a hold of one of those GPS marks books (1001 GPS spots, etc), then use google earth and the tools function to step out distances from which ever ramp you choose. Have a play around with it, it's very easy to use.