Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last months dives and filming with channel 7

Last months dives and filming with channel 7

Have been out a few times in the last month.
    One day I scored 4 nice jacks and a couple of mackerel. Another got a 8kgish tusky and on both days managed a few crays, working hard for them though.

On friday just gone went out in a 6.5m freedom sport supplied by the Australian Marine centre at springwood to do a segment with Taryn Onofaro from Creek to Coast on spearfishing. We went out in two boats (one for film crew) to the top of moreton. Was interviewed first then went for a short dive and I speared two green jobfish and one gold spot wrasse, nothing big but since the pressure was on I didn't want to pass them up in case we saw no more fish. Was back at the ramp at 9:30 am as the sea was glassing off(damn film crew had enough footage). Taryn was pretty game and jumped in even after a frisky whaler visited us the water was about 20-22m with vis about 15m. Brett was filming in the water and got some pretty good shots. Stewart and Rod from the marine centre organised the day and it was a great experience, they seem like really nice down to earth blokes not your typical salesman types. The freedom sport had a 150 Etec on it and oh my god did that thing fly. We were doing over 75kph back across the bay with 5 of us in it, scary stuff.

Have a few photos to follow. The cobia school photo was taken at the end of a day when we had a enough fish so brett was trying to get some video and stills of them they were around 15kg with afew over 20kg's awsome sight!
    Cheers all and will let you know when the segment will air on creek to coast think in mid-may
    Cheers Doug
    Last edited by DougHanning; 23-04-2007 at 04:44 PM. Reason: spelling doh

Re: Last months dives and filming with channel 7

Great photos Doug. I'm sure that the video is awesome too.

It's good to see that spearfishing is being promoted in a sensible way. I hope that the greenies see spearing is the most sustainable and eco-friendly way of selectively taking fish. No "by-catch" here mate!
    If ya canna spear em, ya can jag em on a line.

Always the best pics and reports Doug,
    Jimmy

Great pictures....What about the size of that parrot...

Has that coota got hooks hangin out its gob or am i seeing things. well done great pics..

cheers sam.

Holy shite Douj what awesome fish you caught. I couldn't dream of a tusk fish that big on my fishing line.....
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just saw the segmant on Creek to Coast today Doug, some good footage there

Dissapointed Taryn wasn't in a bikini though

Absolutely incredible (as usual!) is all I can say, Doug.
    Totally inspirational, can't wait to show my teenage son your post!
    That tuskie is gigantic!
    Sincere thanks for sharing the occasion, hope to see the tv footage.
    Cheers!

Yep, just saw the show and it was a great segment.

Nice tuskie, but why the need to hold it out like that to make it out as even bigger? It's huge as it is!

Doug tell Brett I need a new movie already watched blue visions over 500 times I caught my wife singing one of the tunes from the vid the other day. By the way did ya get tartyns phone number I bet she would look great in one of those rabbitech suits

Heya DougHanning

Awesome pics as we've come to expect from you, great to see you getting some recognition.

6.5 mtr boat supplied. Taryn Onafaro on board. Awesome fish,crays and 15 mtrs vis!! Is that what heavens gonna be like?????

Hey Doug

Thanks For Coming Out For The Shoot! Fun Was Had By All, Apart From Your Shortlived Dive, Frustrating When Its Early & Camera Crew Want To Return To Base, Taryn Did @#$% Herself When You Guys Called "shark", She Nearly Stayed Put In The Boat.
    Thanks For Your Effort & We Will See You On The Next Shoot With 20kg+ Spainards???
    Regards Rod

Nothing short of excellent.

Cheers
    James

Yep that's awsome i'd love to able to do that , sure beats workin under someones 4b all day........BOB