Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your Best ever catch!!

Re: Your Best ever catch!!

Quote Originally Posted by barkers creek View Post
    122cm flatty was HUGE got it on a bit of squid 5 year ago

You sure it wasnt a baby croc, mate

cheers Scott

my best ever is a black carp (some sort of carp but a bit slim and much stronger).
    the 9.5kg one was caught on a 4.5m rod with 4.5m 2.4lb line( no reel) this was a miracle and no one has ever broken this record in China where i made it.
    back in australia, i have once caught a stingray around 25kg on 6lb leader and 4lb fireline. the reel was a cheap shimano

I suppose most would pick the barra in pic but for me its not about size that makes a fish my best ever fish. For me it was a little brown trout about 750 grams in Arthers lake, small bay with about a dozen very experienced flyfishers drifting around practicing there art. Crystal clear water with dozens of trout to be seen flittering about, talking to these guys and it was one of those days that the fish just wernt interested. waited until no one was watching and fed my flyline slowly over the back cause I couldnt cast , seemed to get a bit of line laying in the water and started trying to make some mongrel casts, got bit more line out much to my brother inlaws amusement, then start a bit of an iratic twitch retrieve and the most stupid of all brown trout was hooked up, after a bit of a jump around it was duly netted by brother inlaw to a lot of hi fiving all to the amusment of the other boats. It was 3 more years before I got my next one.
    So tonight while I sit and remember some of my fish over the years that would be the best ever, ask the same question in 12 months time it may well be a more recent fish or it may be another memory of time gone by.
    Got some nice 6lb salmon on fly with a 2lb tippet, they were fun.
    Got a catfish at awoonga, brings back memories.
    Maybe the question is
    CAN THERE EVER BE A BEST EVER FISH?
    dont think there is for me as each has its own story, even if its only that was a tastey bugger
    cheers
    blaze

My first longtail tuna. 136cm, been told it would easily be 25kg. Kept me in recovery mode for three days
    But my most memorable was a 2kg parrot fish. It felt like I was experiencing an all over body massage the way those things shake. I can't wait to experience a bigger one.

Deb...
    Last edited by The BeaR; 24-04-2007 at 10:25 PM.

you must be an author blaze

32 kg spanish nearly 2 weeks ago pb.
    still grinning
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

first ever live bait off the rocks and got an 11kg kingy.
    Attachment 6038

Best catch for me would have to be my 54.5cm approximately 2kg squire. Caught on berkley jerk shad, cant remember which colour though, on a 1/8 3/0 TT jig.

simon

Its very hard to say what my favorite catch has been. I have many special memories linked with the places and people who were there at the time. My biggest was a Marlin taken out of a longboat on a TLD25 but I certainly would not class this as my most valued. Poor thing died deep but fed a lot of Solomon Islanders

Cheers

Neil
    Attached Images Attached Images

On bait I caught a 124cm fork (140-145cm full length) King Threadfin Salmon from the Brisbane River. Biggest one to date and was caught when I first began targetting them. It looks like it's going to stand for awhile . After I caught it I had high expectations as I thought there would be bigger ones to come!

On lure it would probably be either a 53cm fork Bass, 47cm fork Big Eye Trevally or 66cm Snapper.

Troy

Got this cod just off Cape Capricorn in CQ. Still don't know how I got him out of the snags. They usually bust you off in under 20 sec. Was just the start to a great day out.
    Was released after a couple of pics and happily swam down to bust off some more tackle another day.

Ian

My first Red Emperor. Not huge but a memorable fish none the less.
    Only a fisherman knows the feeling when you see that big red shape coming up out of the blue. And to top it off have a look at the weather. The pic is taken about 80 kms off Rocky. Don't get days like that to often.

Ian

When i was 9 i was fishing off the shornclife jetty with a$10 kmart rod and reel,dropping my prawn in under the jetty.....hooked onto a 2 1/2 pound bream, the reel couldnt pull it up, so we handlined it up.....god knows why the no name mono didnt break but we got it up.....i stood there shaking and all the other pople fishing came over and had a look..30 years later i can still feel that moment....

Most memorable, 26.5 mulloway at night off the beach, on 8gk line.
    Hadn't been into targeting jew for very long, just got lucky on this night, 20 minute fight then walked up the beach to collect this large silver object flapping weakly on the edge of the surf.
    Yeah, I was stoked!
    Felt sorry for the big fella but, looked large enough to be a small dog, and have a personality!
    Nowadays I prefer to catch them up to 8kg, I prefer to eat them this size, there's more of them, and they are easier on the back!
    Cheers.
    PS would have hated to clean all that large catch, Kingtin, must have taken you a while!

my best and memerable was a 78cm flatty in the caboolture river. nothin all arvy and night but a few chopper tailor. one last drift to the boat ramp produced the goods