Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awoonga @ night beware

Re: Awoonga @ night beware

howdy all,
    we where fishing awoonga in march on the new moon, pitch black we had enough at 8 pm due to the amount of boats that would troll right up on u and the boats that had no lights, one boat was on head on to us full boar, we where the same coming the opposite direction(but we had lights on) he didnt even slow down, didnt even have lights on his sounder(god no's how he was driving i couldnt see my hand in front of my face) That night on the way back from the boyne arm we came accross aleast 5 boats with no lights, it was only when we got close enough they would flash you with a touche. We ended up putting accross the basin just incase. As said earlier no body ploices the dams at night, and until somebody gets killed these cowboys put all our lives at risk. The worst part is that what for 40 bucks u can buy some lights , they must already have a battery on board if they have sounders. So it shows they have no respect for any bodys elses saftey. and when we hit one of them wont we be the worst in the world

I dont move at night without a hand held spot light, either on all the time or pretty regular.

Dont they have any fear of being smashed into?

Toddy

i have enough fear about people crashing into me and i have on light my boat. There has been some close call with me and other boat with both boats having lights on, i don't know if they could not judge the distance or just being D**kheads.

I was returning to Scarborough harbour at 7pm on Wednesday night and a sailing boat (around 30 feet) was heading out with not a single light turned on.

No cabin lights, no nav lights nothing

Was tempted to say a few words but did'nt bother.

I'd had a good day on the water so why spoil it.

Luc

i don't understand why you wouldn't, a mate an i saw some twit going at full throttle along deep water bend towards donny with no lights on what so ever only saw him because we could hear the 2 stroke motor.
    Why am i here at work when theres fishing to be done...

At least you can hear 2 strokes.

With 4 strokes it's a different ball game.

This problem badly needs some serious enforcement.

Maybe a few emails to transport & pollies might get some action.

Luc

Light up, or stay off the lake

lorby

It's only a matter of time before there's a serious accident and then the knee jerk reaction will be to ban boating between dusk to dawn.

Puting in a ban is sooooo much easier than doing some real enforcement.

Luc