Thread: Ballina Jew

Ballina Jew

I always hear of this spot near the 'Burns point ferry that is meant to be good for jew in Ballina. Can anyone out there point me in the right direction. PM if you want. Sean

Re: Ballina Jew

Do you want to know where the ferry is, or where the jew hole is?

Cheers

Dan
    Last edited by _Dan_; 17-04-2007 at 09:09 AM.

The jew hole, I live about 1.5 mins from the ferry!!

Hi Sean,

fish off the old ferry approach (west of the ferry ) on an incoming tide, the hole is around 13 mtrs deep just west of the old ramp.

Muzz

Talking Re: Ballina Jew

Try fishing the deeper holes up along the rockwall above the ferry after dark. Also try the sandflats opposite the rockwall as jew will go into a few feet of water chasing mullet.Listen for the fish.

Thanks guys, I haven't really fished for jew much in Ballina yet. I did a fair bit in Sydney b4 i MOVED UP HERE 5 YEARS AGO.

any hints on the local fish would be appreciated. Where and how do I get live mullet here? Thanks, Sean

Hi onerabbit, is that on the northern end or the southern end? Sean

Hi Sean,

I meant the northern side of the ferry, the old approach is to the west.

Muzz

Isn't there a deeper channel right across the river on the western side - i mean where the old ferry crossing was?

Tony

Are you talking about the spot I put my boat in at sometimes? about 25 meters west of the current ferry entrance? Thanks, Sean

Chuck an unweighted SP into the current behind the boat and let it flap around, just as good as livies except easier to catch.