Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Cat With 50 4st Sun Coast

Stolen Cat With 50 4st Sun Coast

my boat, a very modified markham whaler 4.3 (but in reality 4.9 plus pods) was stolen this morning. It has two 50 4 st motors 2003 models and a new trailer it has the bimini top with all the stainless. This is a one of a kind boat with SLACK ATTACK signwritten down the sides. It was travelling past cabulture heading south at about 8.30am this morn. It pasted the gateway at just after 9.00am. It was being towed by an XD white panelvan. I have more details if required, if you know the CXXXXS I need to know
    Gav 0429091902, or gavhancox@ozemail.com.au

Re: Stolen Cat With 50 4st Sun Coast

that really suck mate, hope you get it back!
    Hope she was insured

Mate very sorry to hear of your loss, I remember the blood sweat and tears you put into it, was not just another bought clone, you must be gutted, best of luck in your search, going to be reborn in NSW? they will get a shock when they advertise it, will keep a lookout.

cheers fnq

Bastards!
    Have you got a pic?
    Out of interest what sort of security did you have on it?

Heath, had the towbar lock on it, the ones the ins co want instead of the chain and lock, and guess what, it was opened up and left n the footpath.

They are absolutely not worth anything. (maybe 5 minutes of time, no noise)

Do not depend on these as a security item.

nq, nice to hear from you again, know the setup unfortunately.The guys fr SCGFC was more intouch with where the boat was going than the cops unfortunately, makes you scream really. They were good after the fact. Actually had a car following the ......................... but coulnt get the police to act ....VERY FRUSTRATING.

I also remember the blood sweat and tears put into ya boat, just hope they get the pricks.
    blaze

found the boat, motors, radios gone,

Great news Gav! just fantastic!! Motors are just motors one the same as another. When you come down a bit would love to hear the story.

cheers fnq

Quote Originally Posted by gavsgonefishing View Post
    nq, nice to hear from you again, know the setup unfortunately.The guys fr SCGFC was more intouch with where the boat was going than the cops unfortunately, makes you scream really. They were good after the fact. Actually had a car following the ......................... but coulnt get the police to act ....VERY FRUSTRATING.
    if you had someone following, why wouldn't the police phone ahead to a local station to pick up the mongrels??
    send a complaint to someone.

good to hear you got it back, hope it was insured..

DR, dont want to go into the details over the net, but did make a complaint, and hopefully the outcome will change the situation with the lack of response in the future
    Gav

Boats at a mates place south of brissy, they tried to torch it, luckily idiots like this dont have any sort of brain between them, they missed the boat.

Its missing the hydro steering, all gauges, both motors, batteries 2 x vhf radios, cd.

Its definately fixable, and hopefully the ins will come to the party with the existing bits.

Mate, glad you got it back, alas minus some donks.

Was this the type of lock you were using?

Gav,

I remember seeing her before you started.

It would be a shame to have something you've poored so much time and effort into to be wasted by such wankers.

Motors can be replaced - the hard work can't.

If you catch up with Brooksy I'll get the low down from him this weekend.

Brett

Gav,

Interested to hear via a PM about your complaint and possible situation changes. As you probably know I have a vested interest in it......