Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Cat With 50 4st Sun Coast

Re: Stolen Cat With 50 4st Sun Coast

And these posts have to do with a stolen Cat because?????????????

Agree this blew out......Gav you up and back in the water? Whens our next m&g on? pm me if interested.
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHunt View Post
    A few facts, Speed camers cost about a quarter of a million each and they raise hundreds of millions of dollars for the state government each year. If noone broke the speed limit then state government would have to raise other taxes or go broke.
    They want you to speed (a bit anyway).
    Most people going a few k's over are doing it in a place that is perfectly safe to do so , but they are breaking the law.
    This every K over is a killer campaign is complete rubbish. They are just trying to justify the fund raising, with some brain washing. They often show a predestrian getting run down, when I was young it was drummed into us to look both ways before crossing a street, the onus was firmly on the predestrian not to walk out in front of a car regardless of whether it was going at the limit or a few K over.
    Experienced drivers know what is safe, it is suicidal travelling even at the limit on some winding roads, while going 10 or so K over on other straight roads is perfectly safe. But you know where they will set up the speed cameras. There are really only a few limits, 50, 60, 100 , but there are hundreds of different road conditions and situations.
    There is no science behind establishing the limit.
    The car I drive now will stop in half the distance the old holden with drum brakes I had in the 70's would , roads are better , but the limit has remained much the same.
    If every K over is a killer then why not set the limit at 10 k, then nobody would be killed.
    I do not generally drive around above the speed limit , but not because I think it is unsafe, Its just that I do not want to contribute to the Govt coffers.
    Don't get me wrong there are idiots out there going at rediculous speeds and endangering their own and others lives and they should be put off the roads, but they represent a very small percentage of those being fined for exceeding the limit.
    And remember you are more likely to die from suicide than a road accident in Australia.
    Top post. Summs up my thoughts on the matter perfectly. I would particularly like to highlight:
    There is no science behind establishing the limit.
    This every K over is a killer campaign is complete rubbish.
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Quote Originally Posted by bob f 57 View Post
    why cant the police buy there own helicopter from the camara cars they hide everywhere oops hush my mouth i bet if it was a policemans boat that had been stolen they would have been there like a shot
    or am i being un fair
    cheers bob
    A workmate had her purse, cash and jewelry stolen from inside her house whilst she was in the shower and hubby had gone out for a jog - leaving the garage door open.

Her next door neighbour had his police ID badge and other stuff stolen at the same time.

They caught the little w@nker the next day. Apparently his prints had been found on burglaries up and down the coast. He was only the "footman" doing the bidding of his bosses. The bosses of course, are never caught.

The ID badge was not recovered. I wonder if little mate "tripped over" a few times after his arrest

Hope you get the boat back!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by preso View Post
    Hope you get the boat back!!!!!!

Mate, re-read the thread... he already has the boat back... minus motors and stuff

You would have been better writing... "Hope you get the thieves gonads in a jar!!"
    Catch and Release is the way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by bob f 57 View Post
    this could go on forever the fine was $250
    i have been told that the police are not to be hiding when they are using a radar trap yet the tinker that got me was. and you lot wonder why i moan
    cheers bob
    LOL you also were taught/told NOT to speed and you was

Daz

Gav,

Sorry to here your bad news.

I just want to say to every boat owner BE CAREFUL. I believe that boat theft is on the rise and is becoming more brazen. I live on the Redcliffe Peninsula and about 2 weeks I saw a couple of suss looking chracters sitting across the road from my house pointing at my two boats ( 4mtr Clarke tinny and a 4.5 mtr Stessco Runabout) . Personally I don't believe they were just admiring them. I watched them for a while (4-5mins). They took off and about 5 hrs later just on dark they returned. This time I thought attack was the best defence and went down to ask them what they were looking at. As I approached them they took off very quickly. I think they were eyeing them off as all of my cars were out and it looked as though no one was home. I park my private vehicle in front and chain my hound to them now.

Once again Gav, my sympathy goes to you and hope for a speedy return of your boat.

Cheers mate,

Justin.

Gav, glad to hear you got the boat back, it was looking a bit of a mess last time I saw it -with the back end missing and all-.

I hope you get back on the water soon, and your insurance covers the lost gear.

Quote Originally Posted by bootyinblue View Post
    Oh and Bob,

If you are in QLD then 12kmh over the limit and $250 fine do not add up? Were you doing a few more than 12 over the limit or are you just talking up the money amount to plead your case?
    Bootyin blue

if this is the case was bob more than 12/15/20Km or whatever it is to get fined 250.00 or the police lying.
    It has to be one or the other!!!!
    I also thought that monies from fines went straight to consolidated revenue as they do for penalties under WH&S legislation prosecutions. Perhaps if the money did go to main roads (traffic offences) and/or Detir (WH&S) we would all be better off on the roads and at work.
    One thing I'm with you - dont speed -don't get fined.
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Raesen View Post
    Bootyin blue

if this is the case was bob more than 12/15/20Km or whatever it is to get fined 250.00 or the police lying.
    It has to be one or the other!!!!
    I also thought that monies from fines went straight to consolidated revenue as they do for penalties under WH&S legislation prosecutions. Perhaps if the money did go to main roads (traffic offences) and/or Detir (WH&S) we would all be better off on the roads and at work.
    One thing I'm with you - dont speed -don't get fined.
    Pete
    Dont hold your breath for an answer Pete.
    It appears that booty has been given the boot.

Thanks to all concerned, dont really understand how half the crap written was anything to do with a stolen boat, should try your own post.

boat is having a severe makeover at the moment as I thought it was a good opportunity to upgrade etc etc. The ins co was very good and speedy. I hope to have it back in the water before the sailfish shootout in Sept.

Gav

Well a good outcome gav overall. I have one of those locks on trailer.....looks like I will be looking for some alternative now. Thanks for letting all know what they cracked to help us out with out rigs. This is why Ausfish is so good - sharing info.

As for this seemingly never ending want for people to get off topic....what gives?
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Puff_Daddy View Post

As for this seemingly never ending want for people to get off topic....what gives?
    The net is no different than conversing in a pub. People watching/listening is enlightening and it never ceases to amaze me how people drift off topic in everyday conversations.

Anyways, enough of that.........what about the price of rhubarb at the moment? Bloody ridiculous eh?

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Don't get me started on rhubarb!!!! rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb

Cheaper to buy Petrol, although its cheaper than water. How about the footy? Isn't the weather unpredictable? Sorry, what was the topic again.

rhubarb

Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris