Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Awesome new Barra hardbodies

Awesome new Barra hardbodies

Hi all,
    Just thought I'd let you all know the new "Stiffy Boney Bream" has now hit the shelves.
    Its a bibless minnow style lure that has proven itself as an incredible fish taker during trials, and I recently got some production models in the thick of it at Awoonga on some metre plus specimens.
    Its shallow running, you can twitch it, slow roll it, suspend it (with sticky weight) or float them, very versatile. Casts a mile as well.
    It comes standard with Owner hyperwire rings and STN-66 Owner hooks, its design is purely focused on impoundment Barra.
    I have a tonne of confidence in these lures, they have caught fish when other lures when untouched during trials, and the production model finish is bloody awesome.
    There is a deep diver in works, its not quite right yet but only a matter of time.
    Will post some pics soon.
    Check 'em out at your local tackle store.
    Cheers
    Jas

Re: Awesome new Barra hardbodies

Cool Jas thanks for the heads up. Can't have enough lures ha thats it i'm going to the tackleshop tomorrow.

Can't wait to see what is looks like.

Cheers Lyndon

Thanks Jas. What size are they....120? 150? How long did you get to trial them for.................looks like another trip to the tackle store for my weekly "hit". As they say, lures are the jewellery of fishermen....bring on the bling!

Cheers
    Paul

120mm is the mark, looks it like a torpedo. Should be interesting to see how they go.

G'Day Jas,
    Are these the one's called Bushies Stiffy? If so my local Tackle shop proprietor saw them at the Tackle Trade Show last year with Bushy and thought of me and ordered some. They arrived just before i took off for my two week Peter Faust trip in October last year.
    I can vouch for the finish, bloody awesome however i did not catch anything with them. Tremendous action, noise, water thrown everywhere, a rattle, you can cast them a mile, i can see them catching a swag of Barra and just about any other fish. i reckon the big GT'S would love them. The conditions at Faust when i was there were very hard as a lot have agreed and i must admit that i fished harder with lures that i knew would catch fish.

Obi_Wan.

Hi guys,
    Skeeter I'd say you are thinking of the stiffy fizzer which has been on the market since last years AFTA show. This is a new shallow runner shaped like a boney bream. About 120-130mm long. 2nd addition to the range.

Paul, the most intensive trials of anything I have been involved in. 2 years worth of it to be precise. To get it exactly how we wanted it, then get it made, then re-test etc etc. Loooong process but the result will speak for itself.

Obi-wan, yep they are the ones mate, Bushy has started his own range of hardbodies, targeting them at specific fish with crossover applications. The one you took would have been the fizzer.
    The stiffy fizzer is purpose built for Barra but Ive caught metre plus Queenies on them, Coral trout, Jobfish, GT's yata yata yata. The boney bream will be the same, the skys the limit what will eat it, but barra certainly are the target.

This new lure is quite simply the best Ive seen for some time. I have no financial involvement in this project, nor do I receive money from sales.
    Its a concept I believe in, and it helps me learn as well.
    I believe it has the potential to at least be as big as what slick rigs have been. When you see this thing flash from short rips or slow rolling it, you will see what Im on about.
    During trials on a full moon recently, you could see the bloody thing flashing 30 metres off the side of the boat, awesome watching it flashing then a big blackout when it gets destroyed. Great hook-up rates too, cause theres no bib.
    Super strong, think it will retail for about $16, kitted with all the good hardware.
    Be interested to hear what you guys think of it once you see one.
    Cheers
    Jas

please get pics i need to see this please
    figjam :wink:

seen them at BCF

The rep produced some samples today,they look good and I can't think of anything offhand that is like them as all lipless cranks I know of tow off the top not the nose,should be a good twitching lure at a reasonable price.

Does anyone have any pics?

Sounds good to me Jas!

Theo
    TT

i think this is it, bushys new lure
    figjam :wink:

That's them Nuggstar. Scored a couple last night. Bought 4 different colours.....awesome sheen on the lures...I can see how they would shimmer and flash under moonlight.....owner trebles and rings..nothing like a lure ready to go out of the box...about time!

Can't wait to swim one.

Cheers
    Paul

Does BCF stock them yet?
    Couldn't find them the other day, but then I didn't know what they looked like.
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Owen,
    Yes they do, either havent got them in yet or sold out.
    They have only recently been released, so might not have hit the shelves at that particular store yet.
    They look like a Boney bream with hooks hanging off it mate
    Big Ren might be able to post a pic, if not I will in the next few days.
    Cheers
    Jas