Thread: Knife jig rigs

Knife jig rigs

I have recently fished from Turkey Beach on the wreck of the Nautilus, we mainly jigged knife jigs which worked well for all different spieces including grey and spanish mackeral. As we lost alot of jigs, including only the hook on certain occasions, my question is whether anyone has used wire successfully for the connection of the hook plus the connection to the main line?

Any further comments on techniques for this kind of jigging would be much appriecated as this was my first time jigging and I am certainly hooked.

Cheers
    Jason

Re: Knife jig rigs

I have never tried wire mate but I cant see why it wouldnt work.
    Use some crimps and put a short length of wire attached to a good quality hook.
    It would work fine in my opinion.

Cheers
    Pete

Thanks for Pete, I was sought of thinking along those lines just for tooth brigade but had just wondered if they don't hook up as much.

Cheers
    Jason

Instead of wire on the assist hook, make a chain by joining split rings and swivels together to whatever length you want. Its much more flexible than wire and works just as good as normal assists. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Instead of wire on the assist hook, make a chain by joining split rings and swivels together to whatever length you want. Its much more flexible than wire and works just as good as normal assists. cheers
    I agree, this works really well.

Thanks for the info i will try the split rings. Have you use wire above to main line?
    Thanks