Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lenthalls Dam

Lenthalls Dam

Just got a reply from Wide Bay water re when the dam will be ready for camping.

'It is expected that a report will be presented to the Board of Wide Bay Water, probably in May, but not earlier.

This report will include recommendations on management options, a revised recreational plan and also related issues such as camping, boating and other recreational activities.

Therefore in answer to your question, construction work will be
    completed by the end of the financial year but a decision on camping and caravans is unlikely before June.'

Re: Lenthalls Dam

thanks for the update
    Not to get technical...... but according to Chemistry, ALCOHOL IS A SOLUTION

Anymore updates as per motor sizes? Have had a few E-tec dealers telling me there is legal action happening between BRP and Wide Bay water. Not sure if its true or just someone trying to convince me to buy an E-tec.
    Cheers
    Billyboy

Sounds like their trying to sell you a 2 stroke.

Etec owners wear pink G strings anyway dont they?

nice one feral made me laugh haha

as of last week ,thre security blokes told me they would look the other way if you rock up with a 15 or less after that NO GO, all the signs posted up at the highway entrances say 6 and the overiding factor is 4 KNOTS

Will probably be buying a 4 banger anyway, but just curious as to what is happening. Have tried to contact the water board but have had no response as of yet. Doesn't worry me what sort of motor is bolted to the back of anyones boat, as long as they are happy with it and enjoy fishing. Who care what color jocks others were. I know I aint a pink panty wearer!!!!
    Billyboy

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Anymore updates as per motor sizes? Have had a few E-tec dealers telling me there is legal action happening between BRP and Wide Bay water. Not sure if its true or just someone trying to convince me to buy an E-tec.
    Cheers
    Billyboy
    Can you back that up with the names of those dealers ?

Is BRP taking legal action because they dont make a 6 hp or less ?

As far as I know any 6hp or less sized motor can use Lake Lenthalls.

Really what other grounds have they got ?

Sounds like another frivolous & vexatious claim to me.

Cheers
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Big_unit View Post
    Can you back that up with the names of those dealers ?

Is BRP taking legal action because they dont make a 6 hp or less ?

As far as I know any 6hp or less sized motor can use Lake Lenthalls.

Really what other grounds have they got ?

Sounds like another frivolous & vexatious claim to me.

Cheers
    James
    Well James....lets see ....vexatious now thats the word of the day.....Love it..Now wheres that dickernary.............

The supposid legal action is in response to WBW considering allowing 4 stokes up to 60hp and 2 strokes only up to 6hp. BRP claim that E-tecs have lower emitions than some 4 strokes, which may or may not be the case. They are cleaner than traditional 2 strokes and are supposidly using that arguement for a case of discimination. The 2 dealers are Logan River Marine, which I just asked in passing at the Tinny and Tackle show yesterday, and no he didn't try to sell me a motor. The other was Water Skiers Warehouse in toowoomba, who I met at the first round of Bassin Qld comp at Somerset this year. I am considering buying a boat through them with the option of E-tec or Merc 4 stroke.
    Sent an email off to WBW today and so far they are only considering allowing 4 strokes up to 60hp. Nothing is definite yet. Also, the way they worded the email, they are also considering a way to allow boats with larger motors with electric motors on there but as long as they use their electrics only. I mean, who in their right mind wants to go faster than 4 knots there anyway. To many prop wreckers hidden in there. May have to hijack my old mans little tinny and rig it out as a full on electric boat. He'd love that NOT..
    Will keep you all informed if I hear anymore.

Cheers

Billyboy

No worries Sniper.

I hope everyone follows your example by not exceeding the four knot speed limit. After all its for our own safety, the safety of others and it ensures that this fishery is kept open to recreational use. WBWC will simply close it down if it becomes to hard to manage.

I am a Ranger at Lake Lenthall and during my last meeting with Micheal Lever ( Executive Manager - Operations ) I mentioned this thread and he simply said that he has heard no such thing.

Cheers
    James
    Last edited by Big_unit; 04-04-2007 at 08:01 PM. Reason: started new thread - more information specific

Hi James , this will probably be too hard to get by the bureaucratic minds of officialdom however I'd appreciate your take on it , I have here a couple of small Honda outboards , a 10 hp and a 7.5 hp , both around mid '80s when they were rated at the crankshaft instead of the prop like most other manufacturers , ( these days Honda rate their engines at the prop , following the industry norm ) meaning the 10 is really an 8 at the prop and the 7.5 is really something very close to a 6 , I also have a Johnnie 6 but the small Honda would be better environmentally on Lenthalls , if I rolled up with the 7.5 honda on the boat , would I be given the green light or the stop sign ?
    Cheers , Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by hervey_bay View Post
    Hi James , this will probably be too hard to get by the bureaucratic minds of officialdom however I'd appreciate your take on it , I have here a couple of small Honda outboards , a 10 hp and a 7.5 hp , both around mid '80s when they were rated at the crankshaft instead of the prop like most other manufacturers , ( these days Honda rate their engines at the prop , following the industry norm ) meaning the 10 is really an 8 at the prop and the 7.5 is really something very close to a 6 , I also have a Johnnie 6 but the small Honda would be better environmentally on Lenthalls , if I rolled up with the 7.5 honda on the boat , would I be given the green light or the stop sign ?
    Cheers , Gordon
    Thats a hard one, I do understand your position and I see how it is rated.

Here is my take on it -

1) Lake Lenthalls restrictions clearly state " Maximum 6hp engine size ". Unfortunately " 7.5 is really something very close to a 6 " falls into the category of motors which exceed the horse power restrictions.

2) The security guard will refuse entry to that motor as it is classed as 7.5hp motor. Security turns away all motors exceeding the horse power restrictions regardless of anything. Chances are I wont even know you have been turned away, Im on the water and the gate is on the other side the dam wall.

Unfortunately it doesnt matter what I think as I simply go by the WBWC regulations in regards to all matters on Lake Lenthalls. Sorry to be so cut & dry, I like my new job and wish to stay there.

However if you use the " Johnnie 6 " you will be able to access the Lake.

If you decide to come out, then by all means say Gday.

Cheers
    James

Gordon Cheap way around it is to get some 6 hp decals from the manufacturer this turns your 7.5 into a 6
    Wayne D

---------------------------------------------------
    Hobie Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Dunks View Post
    Gordon Cheap way around it is to get some 6 hp decals from the manufacturer this turns your 7.5 into a 6
    Noted, thanks Dunks.

Cheers
    James