44 22.92%
  • 2 to 5 Years

48 25.00%
  • More than 5 years

29 15.10%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who's new in the placcie zoo??

Re: Who's new in the placcie zoo??

Got some given to me over 25 years ago (well before the craze) but have never used them.

Do you just chuck em in and leave them sit on the the bottom or do you work them with an occasional twitch and wiggle?

Havent started but planning to try some gulp shrimps in 2" for bream tonight... hope they go well

M62 put me on to plastics 2 years ago, Fantastic....
    Sometimes I am a Filthy Baito but, depends what I am fishing for

i agree with charlie,
    just think of it
    what cant you catch on REAL bait
    that you cant on sp's.
    you cant say they like sp's better because fish dont eat plastic.
    they eat cockle,tommy's, squid etc
    and at least with bait you cast it out and just leave it there waiting for a fish to bite.
    not standing there all day reeling in a piece of plastic.
    Last edited by Martinb; 30-06-2007 at 05:21 PM.

bait fisherman by blood but crickey i got these berkley soft drop pumpkin seeds 2 to 4 inch i won in a esky full off goodies av only been using them since january 2007 and av been hooked ever since i now av a permant soft plastic rod set in my boat and av caught a nice flattie every club trip this year my kids av ad good hook ups as well (see salt water photos) the young fellow and i just had our club trip friday just gone the boy held largest flathead so far this year caught feb 16 th 2.210 caught with a trusty pumpkin seed but yours truly has just knocked him off with a 2.35 kg 69.5 cm caught with the almighty pumpkin seed go u good thing

hi my son and myself only started fishing soft plastics last nite at cape moreton and we both got our first snapper each and we enjoyed this new trend and now we have to stock up and test some more colours or styles thanks from two happi fishermen

I have used placcies for about 2 years mainly for flathead, this year I have been after snapper and found that they go crazy for 4"drop shot minnows in lime tiger. My last trip started at 5:00 am and ended at 7:00pm we ended up with 6 keepers and released a lot of under size.The best fun started just before dark and into the night before 7:00pm using 4" drop shot minnows in nuclear chicken the fish were hitting them like crazy some times they would hit them 3 times very hard before we were getting hooked up. This was in 1.8 m of water it was a long day but the last 1.5 hours made it worth while.

Gee this is an old thread how did it come back on page 1??? without anyone posting in it?????

I have only been using sp for 2 weeks and caught 4 flattys.

Cammo
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Quote Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
    Gee this is an old thread how did it come back on page 1??? without anyone posting in it?????

I have only been using sp for 2 weeks and caught 4 flattys.

Cammo
    Don't know, I was wondering that myself..... But it's interesting stats though. Majority a placcie users are within only a short period. I saw another way of rigging plastics on "I Fish" yesterday, and they got very good results on bluewater fish off Mooloolaba. Sooner or later we might be going easier on the Pillie schools ..... Or will we

Thanks to everyone contributing to the thread.

Dang! It's back on page 1 again!!

Scalem

I first tried plastix 10 yrs ago in SA with no success!! I gave them a real go 18mths ago with no success at all! Ive tried them all over the goldy, mud, harries peel, brissy river with absolutely no success it was really frustrating I went totally back 2 bait still with minimal success till 3 weeks ago i started really exploring the brissy river because of the rising petrol prices I took the plastix rods to have a few casts while i was there and scored a few decent bream and a cod and since then a little jew alot more bream!! Ive always bn a live baiter but my confidence is growing again! Cheers Simon

first plastic i used was the bluefox vibrotails over 17 years ago up in darwin for barra and queen fish but soon was hooked on renoski shads as thay worked so good on the barra but i gave up on them for a bit as the nillsies and gold bomers worked a lot better for me. i gave up the fishing once i moved here on the coast but soon got the bug again after 4\5 years of being here, once the squidgie plastics came on the market, that when i took up the plastics full time and iv been useing them ever sinse
    figjam :wink:

Used Squidgies for the first time about 2 years ago caught 4 flathead in 20 minutes then never had any luck for long time. Last weekend I was fishing off Patts Point with the bait out and picked up my spare rod and put a soft plastic prawn on and cast upstream from the boat After a couple of bumps I hooked a small one....... no weight to speak of. Then it turned and did the zzzzz zzzzz business; in the boat 50cm squire. Cast out again 40cm squire . Oh by the way this was at night about 8pm with a clear prawn and a heavy jig head. As I was anchored I wanted to get to the bottom quick. Now I am keen to explore this again.