48 25.00%
  • More than 5 years

29 15.10%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's new in the placcie zoo??

Re: Who's new in the placcie zoo??

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    This will put a Shock through your Jocks Ian
    But i have actually been invited out with Steve Bain, for a snapper session on the dark side
    regards
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Webby,

Don't go out with Steve. I took Steve and Kim out. Kim is a good fisher....woman

Steve takes good photo........But........

Look out for him mate he will get you to try his Assassins.

Say gooday to Louise for me.

Frank OO

Started fishing Vibrotails when growing up in Nth Qld for barra and jacks mostly because there were not only pretty effective but a lot cheaper than the traditional nilsmasters and bombers etc. Got back into the new "generation" of SP's about five years ago chasing flatties, bream and trevs around the Gold Coast. Obsession just seemed to worsen when i bought my own boat about a year ago. Other than last weekend (when I took my young nephew fishing) I hadn't used bait in over two years!!!

G'day,

I've been using plastics properly since October 2006. This is when bought my new tinnie, joined Ausfish and picked up the tips I needed to have some success. Thanks to AF members like Brian sharing their knowledge, I've really been loving my fishing and bringing home a feed most times.

I gave them a try once about 5 years ago, but didn't have any luck. I also had no idea what I was doing either.

I fish the Bay around Peel, Bird and Goat Islands for squire. I also fish the Pin, Coomera and Broadwater for flathead etc. Just depends on the weather. Most recently my "guide" has introduced me to Wello, Green and Mud and I look forward to exploring these spots a lot more.

Regards, Brad.

started out about 4 yrs ago with the good old mr twister.... haven't looked back since and they have helpedme take fishing to the next level

I think the good old Mr Twister is a common introduction to the softies. I was given a pre rigged Mr Twister for Christmas by my young (5y.o.)brother in law in about 1995. My first thought was......No fish is going to eat a fluoro pink squishy grub looking thingy........wrong. I didn't use it for a few months until one day I just thought....what the hell, I'll give this thing a go. 2 casts later and a just legal flattie is on the other end. I used fluoro pink Mr Twisters here and there for a few years around the gold coast before all these new fangled stuff started to make an impact. Whiting on yabbies and Flathead on plastics were all i targeted for years. I've only recently begun to pin some bream too. I've always fished a bit too heavy for the bream. Now whiting, bream, flathead, trevally, squire, grassies and bass are all targeted on the these squishey plastic thingys and my bait board has been removed from the boat. haven't used bait for a year or so, and generally don't plan too.

cheers, Roo.

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    This will put a Shock through your Jocks Ian
    But i have actually been invited out with Steve Bain, for a snapper session on the dark side
    regards

Now what would be really impressive is,if you had been invited out with kim and her bikini, that would make the cover of bnb for sure!!! Head line .

" Beauty and the Beast"

The 10 kg bay snapper was of course the beast

ian

Hay Webby ,
    You may have to smuggle some stink bait on board , ( JUST IN CASE )
    Peter
    Searaider 2

I started using placcies about september last year and havent looked back nailing heaps of flatties on the suidgeys now targeting trevs, bream and jew cant wait till yamba p.s. just bought some mr. twisters wonder if they will go well with the flatties? cheers

I've given plastics a good go in the last 12 months and its been worth it. I had some sitting in my tacklebox for a few years but never really used them. The only time I've used bait since was when I was fishing for tilapia a few weeks ago.

Tim.

I started a little over 3 yrs ago when i was taken for a test drive in a bluefin by a bloke called gavin dunne he is awriter in qfm he asked if i wanted a quick fish while we were in the bay i caught a nice take home snap a flatty and a trev in about 30 min that is the day i turned to the dark side i now fish bait very rarely oh yeah i also bought a boat from mrT sort of sealed the deal havnt looked back since....
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Just a quick note to focus on the poll results so far. Only about 15% of those voting have been using plastics more than 5 years, and the leading group, but only by two voters, is the group who are younger than 12 months using plastics. The next is the group who have been using plastics between 2 and 5 years.

I guess the question to ask is how long does one take to be skilled at the use of Plastics?? I guess it can be done within a very short space of time, especially if taught by someone who knows what they are doing?

Here's an idea..... How would a social night M&G suit people if we get people who voted 2 - 5 years and over, to go over a few things, which might help competitors in the R2M comp?? Very specifically focussing on tactics for Mud Island? But sssshhhh!! Don't let the bait boys know!!!

Scalem

My Wifey put me on to them and we all know who put Janine onto them don't we Brian

Peter.
    Peter :cool:

Quote Originally Posted by Great White View Post
    My Wifey put me on to them and we all know who put Janine onto them don't we Brian

Peter.
    Good to see you are still kicking Pete!

I didn't put Janine on to them, she had an arsenel of plastics bigger than her makeup bag when she joined me for a fish So she was all ready to go, I just needed to put her in the right place and the rest is history - as they say. Where is the herminator anyhow? Have you hogged the PC so much these days she doesn't get a chance to post?? Can you put her on? I need some input into what we will call ourselves for the R2M. Team Herminator??

Scalem

Yep I am back, Janine can use the computer whenever she wants as long as I am not on it at the time

Looking forward to the R2M , I think they should have a special award for me if I can bloody even catch a legal squire. As long as I beat pinhead that's all that matters, cause Janine has got me beat before we even get on the water
    Peter :cool: