Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Misrepresentation at the Tackle & Tinnie Show

Talking Misrepresentation at the Tackle & Tinnie Show

I have often admitted on this website that I am a literalist - that is, a person who takes things very literally - such as when I go to the doctor and she tells me to strip to the waist, I take off my trousers.

But I will be blowed if I can see where the salesmen are hiding in that boat that I saw the sign on at the T & T show this morning as shown in the picture below.

I feel that they have misrepresented the true situation in relation to those salesmen.

On a more serious note, I only really go to the boating shows to hear the presentations. I listened to Nugget's on Jew fishing and Jason Comino's on floatlining today and they were both superb. Well done fellas! Very well done!

The only thing is that I was going to put up a report on Ausfish about my outing to Mud Island yesterday but having seen those pictures of fish caught by Jason Comino, I am too embarrassed to do so.

Terrific presentations - so much to learn from these blokes.
    Last edited by charleville; 30-03-2007 at 04:34 PM.

Re: Misrepresentation at the Tackle & Tinnie Show

Charlie.i went and had a look around today as well.

The speeches as always first class.

Boat displays were nice. 4WD stuff was good.

As far as the tackle side of the show????????????????/ Almost non existent in my eyes.very very disappointing. A couple of the tackle stands had cheap stuff...and i aint talking about the prices being cheap.

Still a couple of hours walking around dreaming of which big boat i wanted

Mike

oops...............
    Last edited by JEWIENEWIE; 30-03-2007 at 03:19 PM. Reason: posted twice

Bloody hell chareville! your a funny bastard!
    Jewie

well charleville the sign did say PLEASE. maybe you weren't expressing enough pleasure to 'see' the salesmen.

Matt
    c'mon, take the bait....

Thumbs up Re: Misrepresentation at the Tackle & Tinnie Show

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin_Mike View Post
    As far as the tackle side of the show????????????????/ Almost non existent in my eyes.very very disappointing. A couple of the tackle stands had cheap stuff...and i aint talking about the prices being cheap.

Yeah - not much tackle there. The usual el cheapo bunch positioned in the same spot behind the Stabicraft display were there and if last year's experience is anything to go by, they will probably drop their prices by heaps after lunch time on Sunday so that they don't have to cart the stuff home again.

I bought a Chinese manufactured bait-runner style reel from them last year. It was cheap and performed very well for the month that it worked. I ended up dumping it in the bin after it failed and buying a proper Shimano bait-runner. So I cannot really recommend their stuff.

i was surprised at the paucity of tackle also.

Will probably go back for a second look on Sunday morning to hear Webby's presentation.
    Last edited by charleville; 30-03-2007 at 04:50 PM.

You idiot Charlie did you ever think to look under the floor? No you didn't did you.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post

You idiot Charlie did you ever think to look under the floor? No you didn't did you.

Dave.
    You idiot dogsbody It says "salesmen" not "salesman" how could they get two under the floor, unless of course they were "height challenged" individuals..........oh bugger the political correctness!.............dwarfs.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin View Post
    You idiot dogsbody It says "salesmen" not "salesman" how could they get two under the floor, unless of course they were "height challenged" individuals..........oh bugger the political correctness!.............dwarfs.

kev
    Excuse me "vertically challenged" thank you.
    Avast ye matey!

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
    Excuse me "vertically challenged" thank you.

Okey dokey, this horizontally challenged individual stands corrected

kev the fat bastard

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin View Post
    Okey dokey, this horizontally challenged individual stands corrected

kev the fat bastard
    err ..... Kev , need some balast for the Whitley

Jason.

ps- i'll even bring my anka-yanka
    ... i only work to support my fishing addiction.....

Good one Charlie

I picked up a Drop shot and Symetre today from one of the bigger stands. Had to work hard but ended up getting my price. Had a chat with the crew from Engrell Rods.....how good are they!!! I agree with Mike....Not a lot of tackle there and what was there looked to be priced high or normal!!!

Solas did me a deal on a New Prop...thanks guys....Oh and I won a yellow bucket by answering a question correctly at the Government stand.

I RESTRAINED this year from buying a Kevlacat for $130K and a new pontoon at the new Horizon Shores development $120K. WOW

Until the next show Then.

BilgeBoy

I'd have to agree with Marlin Mike in regards to the lack of tackle.A more appropriate name would be :- The Tinny Show.

If it were my first visit to this show I would expect to see dedicated stands from the likes of Shimano,Daiwa,Loomis,Millerods,Egrell,Strudwick etc.etc.Showcasing their latest and greatest innovations,And providing demonstrations.

But theres nothing ya can't get from a trip to ya local tackle wise.I think it's a bit missleading myself.

The highlight of my day was watering the 4x4 track,Then getting to see the first guy on it,Flip,And tear his rear wheel completely off!His big Baja Claw come rolling into the fence right in front of me. .Who knows what'll happen tommorrow?
    Last edited by Hardb8; 30-03-2007 at 08:38 PM.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by BilgeBoy View Post
    Good one Charlie

I picked up a Drop shot and Symetre today from one of the bigger stands. Had to work hard but ended up getting my price. Had a chat with the crew from Engrell Rods.....how good are they!!! I agree with Mike....Not a lot of tackle there and what was there looked to be priced high or normal!!!

Solas did me a deal on a New Prop...thanks guys....Oh and I won a yellow bucket by answering a question correctly at the Government stand.

I RESTRAINED this year from buying a Kevlacat for $130K and a new pontoon at the new Horizon Shores development $120K. WOW

Until the next show Then.

BilgeBoy
    you could have saved 5k on that ..normally 125k

Quote Originally Posted by longtail View Post
    err ..... Kev , need some balast for the Whitley

Jason.

ps- i'll even bring my anka-yanka
    I need something for it mate, it's forgotten what water looks like...........roll on winter and some flatter water.

kev