Thread: Holy Horsepower Batman

Holy Horsepower Batman

Apologies if this has been posted before.

When one 250 isnt enough, Check this out, Eight (2000 thousand hp) has this guy insecurities or what, look at the fuel system up the front of the boat

(apparently there is a story behind this boat, a smuggler/drug runner in the English Channel.... they ran him down with helicopters) I wonder how long it took him to cross the channel, 15 mins? and I wonder how long it would take to get offshore Moreton? in this thing

cheers
    Mike

Re: Holy Horsepower Batman

Gidday Mike!!

If this was your rig and you expected me to split costs of a trip down the middle, I'd say FORGET IT!!

It might appeal to a pro bass fisho, he would arrive at spot X a day in front of everyone else!! Considering spot X is only 30 mins travel time, that's not bad!!

Scalem
    Last edited by Scalem; 30-03-2007 at 05:56 PM.

Igutso

Really not being rude, but that pic has been done to death on nearly every forum I go to over the last couple of weeks

And the "story behind the boat" gets better every time.

It's been evrything from an advert for yamaha to a drug boat now run down by helicopter Last one I heard was that it was "not able to be caught" but there were pics of it so sokmebody knew where it was
    Cheers
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by bay_firey View Post
    Igutso

Really not being rude, but that pic has been done to death on nearly every forum I go to over the last couple of weeks

And the "story behind the boat" gets better every time.

It's been evrything from an advert for yamaha to a drug boat now run down by helicopter Last one I heard was that it was "not able to be caught" but there were pics of it so sokmebody knew where it was

Shame on you Bay_firey!!! Spoiling a good urban myth like that!!!

Been done to death is an understatement but yes the builders of this particular boat are in the courts and one is already behind bars.

These are the people who built the thing

http://www.cromptonmarine.com/

and the current situation

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/uk_news/england/6275699.stm

Actually it's top speed of 65 knots isn't a good advertisement for anybody let alone Yamaha.

...never let a good story get in the way of a good pic I reckon still its a mad setup and thanks for the heads up Bay...im pretty impressed im only a couple of weeks out of date... my better half reckons its more like years....
    cheers mike

Mike you really need to be using your time more constructively... like more toons for my thread in the 4x4 offroad section. LMAO

Poodroo

Poodroo, LMAO....Im guilty mate.. only excuse is some trips to the dreaded dentist this week, tell you those guys canbe brutal, still wincing... next week i reckon the 'Hill' and the screamo-meter might be in order

cheers
    Mike

gettin really old....

Thanks trueblue

Yeah Im getting old.

Sorry again to you hardened internet surfers who've seen everything for posting a pic that has been 'done to death'... guess what ? ive never seen it until today. but im sure others here havent as well.

but seems like we should never post these type of pics in future or we will be shouted down by people like you..... in case they have been posted before... just so you experienced 'internet' guys dont have to painfully look at them again as its been done to death..

big deal its only a picture,,, you guys take it so seriously,

sort of figured ive apologised enough,
    Mike

Settle Igusto,

take it on the chin & turn the other cheek,

then you can give a brown eye,

not worth the hassle bloke.

Muzz

Truth is I've seen it before too, but who gives a toss??

Pretty sad If I can't have a laugh with you Mike on a Friday night, but hows things? Congrats to both of you by the way, I hope you caught plenty of fish while you were away

Scalem

I have to agree with you there Mike and Scalem. It is only a photo for goodness sakes and I too have seen it several times before. It has popped up in emails more than once and I have seen it on AF a few times but who cares? I hate that there are so many negative people who jump at the opportunity to bag someone for posting a so called "done to death" picture. If you have seen it before then just keep your negative comments to yourself and read another thread. If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it.

Poodroo

Thanks for the links Kerry. 20,000L tank tank in the 20m (8 x 250hp's)??

Holy moly!!
    Last edited by phewy; 31-03-2007 at 07:03 AM.

check out www.hydrive.com.au/site/home.html for some more pics