Thread: Murray Cod illegal fishing

Murray Cod illegal fishing

You wont like this clip, and no rods or lines visible as well..

Re: Murray Cod illegal fishing

And yet no one pulled them up and told them they are breaking the law and you will be sent home for illegal fishing they understand that.

Poor effort that.

Illegal fishing for Murray Cod is a big problem .

On my one & only cod fishing trip on the Murrumbidgee - I snagged up on 3 set lines while lure casting . I also noticed that pretty well every second camp site in a 30km stretch of river had set lines or unattended rods.

Hopefully these guys get pinged & the book thrown at them.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Please don’t throw rocks at me, but…….isnt the bag limit 5? and in that movie, there’s 3 people, tried counting the fish and I see about 10, now to be clear, I am not trying to defend the guys one bit, but, there “appears” to be no bag limit breach, all fish “seem” to be legal size, there is no number plate of their vehicle shown, without that fisheries can do bugger all.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Please don’t throw rocks at me, but…….isnt the bag limit 5? and in that movie, there’s 3 people, tried counting the fish and I see about 10, now to be clear, I am not trying to defend the guys one bit, but, there “appears” to be no bag limit breach, all fish “seem” to be legal size, there is no number plate of their vehicle shown, without that fisheries can do bugger all.
    Its only 2 a day as they showed you saw the catfish eel limit.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Its only 2 a day as they showed you saw the catfish eel limit.
    I googled the NSW fisheries website, but then, it was very early this morning, maybe I read it wrong
    edit……seems it is two, and possession of 4, but it reads per person so…..does that mean the three of them can posses four each? Either way, it’s blatantly obvious they were up to no good, but, how do you prove it?

There is also a slot limit ....... & two of those fish are certainly over the 75cm

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I googled the NSW fisheries website, but then, it was very early this morning, maybe I read it wrong
    edit……seems it is two, and possession of 4, but it reads per person so…..does that mean the three of them can posses four each? Either way, it’s blatantly obvious they were up to no good, but, how do you prove it?
    Does anyone know is that possession limit per person or per party..?

and yeah guesstimating fish size on a photo or grainy video is hardly an exact science..

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Does anyone know is that possession limit per person or per party..?

and yeah guesstimating fish size on a photo or grainy video is hardly an exact science..
    Per person, with a slot limit if 55 to 75cm.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Ehsman View Post
    Per person, with a slot limit if 55 to 75cm.
    So possession @ 4 per person, there is minimum of 3 people there, now, how a video can prove half the fish were not caught yesterday and the other half today, and are just being taken home, in line with possession law is anyone’s guess! Now once again, I fully agree they are up to no good, but that video really proves nothing for fisheries to act on, not even the number plate of the vehicle, or a method to determine size, a good Lawyer will have that thrown out the door real quick.

So possession @ 4 per person, there is minimum of 3 people there, now, how a video can prove half the fish were not caught yesterday and the other half today, and are just being taken home, in line with possession law is anyone’s guess! Now once again, I fully agree they are up to no good, but that video really proves nothing for fisheries to act on, not even the number plate of the vehicle, or a method to determine size, a good Lawyer will have that thrown out the door real quick.
    you would think a tag system would be a bit better but these people don’t care about our law’s anyway.