Thread: Fishing charities

Fishing charities

Hi All,
    wondering if anyone knows of any fishing charities in Qld you can donate gear to. I’ve been doing a clear out and have got a number of old Alvey’s (2x600A5, 500A1, 40A1) and maybe some other stuff that I’d rather give away than muck around with ads and people stuffing you around. Things are so expensive now and I think it’s good to support young people who love fishing but can’t get started because they can’t afford gear. I’m in Townsville but can box it up and post it.
    thanks, Mike

Re: Fishing charities

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyh View Post
    Hi All,
    wondering if anyone knows of any fishing charities in Qld you can donate gear to. I’ve been doing a clear out and have got a number of old Alvey’s (2x600A5, 500A1, 40A1) and maybe some other stuff that I’d rather give away than muck around with ads and people stuffing you around. Things are so expensive now and I think it’s good to support young people who love fishing but can’t get started because they can’t afford gear. I’m in Townsville but can box it up and post it.
    thanks, Mike
    Lucky Phil might know of one.

Ausfish Platinum Member

I'll follow this with interest, I'm about to go through all our stuff and there'll be a heap there that I'd want to get rid of. I'm in Cairns, was going to put a post one of the local pages to see if there was anyone there that could use it, preferably someone who needs it. Interested to see what options come up here.
    Cheers
    Corry

I have a feeling that there may have been a guy on here a few years back that was doing something for the kids? Too many beers ago to remember exact details, but I thought he was Sunny Coast way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shaungonemad View Post
    I have a feeling that there may have been a guy on here a few years back that was doing something for the kids? Too many beers ago to remember exact details, but I thought he was Sunny Coast way?

I'll make enquiries as I also have gear and I think I know who the guy guy is, though I haven't seen him for a while.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Thanks Chris

Hey thanks all, and thanks Robfish, I’ll look up Malby

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyh View Post
    Hey thanks all, and thanks Robfish, I’ll look up Malby
    Sent Malby a pm this arvo

The guy I was looking for had a big cat designed for the disabled to easily board but apparently sold it, he doesn't answer his phone or respond to txts. I would be interested in Malby's response also.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Thanks Dignity, I’ll see if Malby makes contact. If I strike out there, unsure what I’ll do. There’s no market for alveys here in Townsville so not much point in donating to Vinnies or Lifeline but I’m moving to Brisbane in 2 years but would be great to unload to declutter and pay it forward with someone less financially fortunate

Ask at your local scout den, they will know of someone local to you.
    Jack.