Thread: Boondoomba or Bjelke Peterson

Boondoomba or Bjelke Peterson

Taking the caravan for its virgin trip next week. I am going to overnight (just 1 night) at one of the above dams. Dunno if I will take a rod - but if I do - do either of these dams provide easy access for shore based fishing ? That is - if there is water left in them !!!

Re: Boondoomba or Bjelke Peterson

BP has great camp grounds with a tennis court and pool. It is fishing well from the bank at the moment with only 3% water capacity. You should be able to get away from the crowds there.

Boondooma is a busy place with heaps of ski boats as well as campers. Not so good for land based fishing but a nice spot all the same.

Have a good weekend!!

Peter, go for BP. Water level is damn low and plenty of bank to walk so I've been told. Been fishing fairly well too. Probably cause they are more concentrated. Hope you do better than we did at Awonga.
    Cheers
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Peter, go for BP. Water level is damn low and plenty of bank to walk so I've been told. Been fishing fairly well too. Probably cause they are more concentrated. Hope you do better than we did at Awonga.
    Cheers
    Bill
    Thanks guys - will do that.

Bill - we did well at Awoonga. Learned some very valuable info eh.

It was a good trip Peter. Just a pity a few more of those big silver fish didn't come our way. At least you found a good catfish lure!!!!lol Will have to take you out for a Bass soon after you get back. MacDonald has been fishing ok of late. Hope you have a great trip.
    Cheers
    Billyboy