Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: where to live & fish in Qld?

where to live & fish in Qld?

Iam looking at moving to QLd to live (like everyone else )and would like to hear from the fisho's point of view as to where to live. Work isnt a problem. Which area is the better as far as land & boat fishing go, boat ramps & general fishing conditions?

Choices i have got are : Hervey Bay, Sun shine coast (near bruce hwy) or Narangba / Deception Bay area. Thanks Leigh

PS. I have a boat, 4wd and also beach / rock fishing.
    Last edited by lee8sec; 27-03-2007 at 10:36 AM.

Re: where to live & fish in Qld?

I am on the Sunny Coast and think its great. If you are into outside fishing Mooloolaba is the safest bar in the State. Good reefs not too far out with better reefs further out. Estuary fishing is a bit slow though. Barra dams are only 3 hours away, as is Fraser Is. I will let the Brissy guys sing the praises of the Deception Bay area.

agreed, Mooloolaba is where i would heading if i could.

Dont come to the goldcoast..Over priced, over housed and fished out..
    Im the opposite, Im heading South..As far as I can lol..

Theres Nothing like a good days fishing.

i reckon you should move to Cairns and buy a big game boat, then we can all come and visit on a roster system (me first)

Thanks for the answers. Yes i do fish offshore. Cairns, too humid in summer & to many nasty critters in the water. No interest in the GC.
    Will see what the deception bay people have to say. Leigh
    Last edited by lee8sec; 27-03-2007 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chezzy13 View Post
    Dont come to the goldcoast..Over priced, over housed and fished out..
    Im the opposite, Im heading South..As far as I can lol..
    Used to live at tweed heads in mid 80's was ok then but couldnt live there now. Came from melbourne, had enough of "down sth" as a kid, too bloody cold. Leigh

Hervey Bay or in brisbane go for Redland Shire.

Mike

as a kid, too bloody cold. Leigh
    Ohhhhh cant wait, Im heading to S.A.. Good luck anyway, hope it all works out for you.. further up north like the sunshine coast, and surroundings areas, nice spots..

Theres Nothing like a good days fishing.

yeh, sunshine coast is nice...............

.....I'm just glad your not coming to Brisbane..lol..

....just kiddin'....

...or am I?

Matt
    c'mon, take the bait....

ANYWHERE in the Sunshine state is great to FISH!

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    I am on the Sunny Coast and think its great. If you are into outside fishing Mooloolaba is the safest bar in the State. Good reefs not too far out with better reefs further out. .
    All you've got to do is make sure you hit the ramps before 3am to guarantee a spot

Seriously, won't be long before my kids are grown and I'm looking for a retirement place already..........Mooloolaba area is right up there, if only for easy offshore access.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin_Mike View Post
    Hervey Bay or in brisbane go for Redland Shire.

Mike

Want / need to get around 2000sqm or larger block of land, thats why iam looking outside brissy. Plus others dont want me there hi biosbro
    Thanks for the input. Leigh

Question Re: where to live & fish in Qld?

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin View Post
    All you've got to do is make sure you hit the ramps before 3am to guarantee a spot

Seriously, won't be long before my kids are grown and I'm looking for a retirement place already..........Mooloolaba area is right up there, if only for easy offshore access.

kev
    Kev, wish it was retirement but finding work isnt the problem, thats why its a bit harder to decide where to live. I want to start winding back and spend some time fishing and enjoying life but will still need to do some work Leigh
    Last edited by lee8sec; 27-03-2007 at 03:39 PM.

D bay to the locals is called Depression Bay. (bit of a grub area at the moment)
    Have to be reeeeeeal careful on where you buy in that area.
    what about Bribie island and Ningi area if north Moreton bay area is what you are looking for. 10 times better than D Bay.
    neil