Thread: Maroon Dam

Maroon Dam

Looking for some info on fishing this dam.There is a comp on there next sat night and have no idea how it is fishing or how to fish it at night.Do they school up at night or do they feed on the surface all night.Need some info please.Thanks.

stradic

Re: Maroon Dam

Yo Dude

I don't know the Dam you are fishing as I live in England but let me try to help you by stating some lines of investigation.

If I was in your situation I would do the following

1) Try to visit the dam before hand , have a chat to the guys fishing there.
    2) If this is not possible, look up the nearest tackle shop in the phone directory and give them a ring, they always know what's up on a local water.
    3)Fish the place if you can before hand, hard work fishing a lake blind, its always better even if you only get to see the water first without fishing it, it will help.
    4) You didn't say what species you are fishing for, if you know what your likely targets are, the aproach is pretty standard for most species from stillwater to still water.
    5) if all else fails the best to bits of advice I could give for night fishing are....

The fish like to get in real close at night.
    Minimise the bankside disturbance so you don't spoook them..

I may be wrong mate, but with the info you gave at least I tried for you... good luck.

Re: Maroon Dam

Presume you are after bass? In the evening and early morning they are best caught near the weed beds which go almost right around the edges of the dam. Try poppers cast into the weed beds and dragged across the top.

The bass are generally smallish in this dam but they hit surface lures very hard.

Good luck

Phil