Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bay islands big bream

bay islands big bream

Heres a couple of nice bream caught on bait at night around the bay islands in moreton bay last winter.

Re: bay islands big bream

bloody horses mate

wast of a good fish

Quote Originally Posted by mat_anderson04 View Post
    wast of a good fish
    what do you mean waste its sitting on my trophy cabinet you dont get many as thick as some

Wow thats terrific, what a whopper...Nice catch there

Theres Nothing like a good days fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by betsy View Post
    what do you mean waste its sitting on my trophy cabinet you dont get many as thick as some
    hahah, yeh grate catch, but why do you need to take it home and stick it on your trophy cabinet. Why not take a good pic and stick that on your trophy cabinet ?

y wouldnt u take that broute home? top stuff betsy thats a beaut of a bream.

cheers dave

[quote=snapperm8;595706]y wouldnt u take that broute home? top stuff betsy thats a beaut of a bream.

If every one had the same attitude as you guys, there would be no fish left
    Last edited by mat_anderson04; 26-03-2007 at 08:11 PM.

[quote=mat_anderson04;595716]
    Quote Originally Posted by snapperm8 View Post
    y wouldnt u take that broute home? top stuff betsy thats a beaut of a bream.

If every one had the same attitude as you guys, there would be no fish left
    yeh hey mate as u see i limit my catch i would catch 20 -30 off these on a good session and very rarely keep more than 4 -5 gotta take a feed home for the family the mrs and kids kids luv a bit off breambo bites

Thats one fat bream

nice catch. They get nice and chubby that big don't they? I'd take them home too.

Anyone that thinks there's a bream shortage should not be sprouting about it.

fat bream, but personly i reckon they taste like crap i have not eaten one for over 10 years but what i can remember is a yuk fishie taste i think thats what turned me off eating any fish.

I agree with jackextracter and mat_anderson04. The last time I ate a Bream was a few years ago when I fist began fishing and I found it impossible to avoid the bones in the buggers when filleting. When I eventually did eat the one I was filleting I found it a waste of time and fish as it wasn't exactly the best eating fish.

I couldn't imagine a 40cm+ Bream that would be around 25-30 years old tasting any better then a just legal Bream, possibly 10 times worse. Also just imagine, these fellas can eat 1000's of Oysters and the like in their life times which easily pick up all types of polution. I'm happy to say I'm now strictly catch and release, unless it's vermin.

If your going to Mud why not target a better eating fish, there's a lot of Mack's and Tuna out there.

Troy

Quote Originally Posted by blue_mako View Post
    I agree with jackextracter and mat_anderson04. The last time I ate a Bream was a few years ago when I fist began fishing and I found it impossible to avoid the bones in the buggers when filleting. When I eventually did eat the one I was filleting I found it a waste of time and fish as it wasn't exactly the best eating fish.

I couldn't imagine a 40cm+ Bream that would be around 25-30 years old tasting any better then a just legal Bream, possibly 10 times worse. Also just imagine, these fellas can eat 1000's of Oysters and the like in their life times which easily pick up all types of polution. I'm happy to say I'm now strictly catch and release, unless it's vermin.

If your going to Mud why not target a better eating fish, there's a lot of Mack's and Tuna out there.

Troy
    everyone has different tastes...I enjoy eating bream yet would not give you two cents for a tailor. There are plenty of bream around..there is no way that keeping a fish like that will have any effect on the population. I will admit that the big ones are not as tasty as the 28 to 35cm models.

Ausfish Silver Member jackson4300's Avatar

Pinhead has got it.
    One reason i don't keep bream, by the time you have fillited em then deboned them, not much left, although got a couple the other day which we had whole on the bbq, and i would also put them infront of alot of other fish.
    Well done, great bream