Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are you bringing to the Rod Building Weekend

What are you bringing to the Rod Building Weekend

I was just wondering what everyone is bringing along to the RBW, and what they hope to achieve.

I will start the ball rolling.

I will be brining a blank made by Hastings. To be used for bottom fishing up north.

Challenger DHXURC60 HXF XFast 10-15kg 6'. Still havn't decided what fittings I want for the Butt section, I've almost made my mind up on guides, won't say until I have them, might just ask a few question first.

I would like to gain more experience & knowlege

roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Re: What are you bringing to the Rod Building Weekend

I know I'm definitely bringing a smoko (or 2) and lunch
    I was atually thinking about bringing the outriggers to get some new thingamejigs put on.
    Big brother is going to bring his beach rod our Pop made for him about 100 years ago to redo the bindings.

Gees time goes slow when you want it to hurry up

I'm pretty keen on the Pacific Composites AF3102 spinning blank for the RBW weekend, but with the aussie dollar so good a Hastings USA C704DHX is looking pretty good. I'm basically looking at a beefy spin rod for reefies.
    It's too much pressure

If I were to look at it logically then I'd probably bring a clunker blank so I can try as many different ideas as possible over the weekend.
    For me that's the beauty of it. Having so many people in one place putting their own slant on a task.
    I'm never too proud to pinch a good idea
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    I know I'm definitely bringing a smoko (or 2) and lunch
    I was atually thinking about bringing the outriggers to get some new thingamejigs put on.
    Big brother is going to bring his beach rod our Pop made for him about 100 years ago to redo the bindings.

Gees time goes slow when you want it to hurry up
    no need to bring any tucker..last year we lit the barbie for lunch...a few bucks to cover the costs of the food and then a few beers at the end of the day...check with roz re this...I think she is planning on the same set up as last year.

I'll be sticking with my original plans and bringing the Snyder Glas rod to redo with Fuji guides. I also will bring another small Wilson boat rod which was a personal favourite for many years until the guides and reel seat decided that they were past their useby. The blank is good still so it may well be worth bringing along too. Will stick to the Snyder Glas rod to work on for the RBW and maybe with my new found knowledge will do the Wilson up at a later date at home if you guys think it is worth spending the money on it. Really looking forward to the RBW. Can't wait!

Poodroo

Roz

Stick with the Fuji Heavy duty reel seat it helps keep the weight down. Try and get Hypolon grips instead of the crap EVA. As for guides, get Fuji HNSG and a UST top. Looking forward to the weekend.

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    no need to bring any tucker..last year we lit the barbie for lunch...a few bucks to cover the costs of the food and then a few beers at the end of the day...check with roz re this...I think she is planning on the same set up as last year.

Yes,

We will do the same as last year, worked perfectly & $5.00 covered everything.

There will be (hopefully) an urn for a cuppa when ever you feel like making yourself one.

If you wish to bring your own cup feel free, or it's just the styrene cups provided.

Only a little over a month to go now. I will PM everyone with a list of items you will need to bring... mainly things you will probably have around the house anyway, so don't panic.

roz.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Smile Re: What are you bringing to the Rod Building Weekend

Hope you all put the butts on the wrong end and the eyes upside down
    wish I could be at this one
    have fun guys and girls
    cheers
    blaze

Roz
    Maybe the Albagraph 5 or the 2 McGinn spin Sticks or the graphcast 1.Not sure just yet. Got some different thread coming from the states.
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by blaze View Post
    Hope you all put the butts on the wrong end and the eyes upside down
    wish I could be at this one
    have fun guys and girls
    cheers
    blaze
    Hop on a plane and make the trip up for a few days or week
    Bed, feed and taxi at my house
    Then your words may bite you on your bum....eyes up side down
    Last edited by finga; 27-03-2007 at 07:02 AM.

Hi Finga
    The thought had crossed my mind but WA in aug for 3-4 weeks and 1770 in oct for 9 days, kitchen renos ATM, in betwwen all that I has better do a bit of work to fund it all.
    AND I still havnt got a blank (been playing with an old kids rod)
    cheers
    blaze

I had all plans of bring a GUSA 703DHX 10-17LB, with Pacific Bay TV TIGOLD guides. When placing the order I came across these IM6 Graphite Spin/Cast Blanks on special and ended up ordering 6, the dearest being $19 US.

So as this is going to be a first for me I now think I will bring one of those
    el-cheapo blanks to practice on and leave the GUSA for when I can get all the components I want and I have a little more experience up my sleeve.

After seeing the end result of Finga's wood rod handles I would love to have one of those on the GUSA so it looks like wood turning classes is now on my list to do. Beautifully work Finga.

But first I need to learn to crawl.
    cheers
    sandyd

Gees looks like a butt building day or two coming up eh
    It's a pity I can't bung the lathe in Wally the wagon to bring on the RB M&G

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Gees looks like a butt building day or two coming up eh
    It's a pity I can't bung the lathe in Wally the wagon to bring on the RB M&G
    Attention everyone. New venue proposal. The RBW should be moved to scotty's place.

Poodroo

Hi Poodroo
    dont let little things like that worry ya, have it on good authorty that mail order will be available early next week. Just dont know wether authorty agrees with me

cheers
    blaze
    ps
    only jealous i wont be there, I will try my best to make ever thing go backwards