Thread: Sharking at straddie

Sharking at straddie

I gonna go to straddie for a week.
    Im wondering about the small sharks in the channel at Amity Point.
    What type will i catch if i catch any.

Re: Sharking at straddie

I see your new here Welcome.
    first of all how did you come up with your user name?
    Years ago (during my honeymoon) i did hear of some good size bullies caught around that area.

Neil

Main type you will encounter would be bull sharks. Maybe a dusky whaler or two. But there are also tigers who cruise that chanel.

Don't know if I woulf go sharking there though. You might get some angry locals & tourists. Thats where that young girl was killed by sharks last year or the year before. They have a netted enclosure for swimming now, until someone cut it up a week or so ago.

Brett

May 2006 Order New Hilux - June 2006 Order ARB & Other Goodies - August 2006 Organise fitting of ARB & Other Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Delivery of New Hilux with Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Break Goodies - 3rd September 2006 Use Angle Grinder to Modify New Goodies - 4th July 2007 BEND ARB rear protection bar (Big Rocks) - 31st July 2007 Notice cracked welds in the ute tub. TWIST!! - September 2007 Bend Alloy Side Steps - Feb 2008 Install steel side steps - March 2008 Bend Steel steps & Punture Diff Lock Air Line

Not the smartest place to fish for sharks my friend. Nice user name is that a password to something
    It's all part of the fishing experience