Thread: MOJO is gooonnnneeeee

MOJO is gooonnnneeeee

hi all,

dont know if its mojo or what,but i cant seem to catch ANY fish at the moment,i had a great winter bagging around 200-300 flathead and 10-20 jewfish.i was catching roughly 10-15 per session.But in my last 10 trips all ive caught is 1 trevally and 2 flathead,then you start to consider if your doing something wrong and you start changing your style,plastics,everything and then still catch none,its very frustrating.i will persist however,as the old saying goes,a bad day fishin is better than a good day at work.

Adam

Re: MOJO is gooonnnneeeee

Don't worry Adam, it'll come back!
    Hey you could always give stinky bait a try........
    Cheers!

Adam, try moving out of the channels into the mangrove flood zones in late spring, the biggest hunting of forage fish is in there currently. Warmer waters have them highly active in those shadows with rising water.
    Jack.

Um...perhaps you've caught them all..?

Quote Originally Posted by centrefire View Post
    Um...perhaps you've caught them all..?
    i let 3/4 of them go

Riteo Adam...get on the back of the line..Rabbi and I have been on this subject for quite a while. As a matter of fact my mojo left on the 16th July 2009. It only started to return last week when I caught a couple of pond donkey bass, (they were hungry). I feel better now but its been a long haul. I googled and carried out ancient moari fishing rituals to try and revive my mojo........it didnt work. I rolled around on Rabbis rock while he was still catching fish...it worked in reverse as now he cant catch fish either. I bit the head off the bait, just like on deadliest catch...all I got was a mouthfull of scales and fish mush. Its not like we havnt been fishing or even hooking fish. Over 30 jew trips in the last 8 months for a couple of squibs. Hooked maybe 10 good fish with the majority lost to pulled hooks. Im working on the karma theory at the moment. If I keep doing good deads....good will come back to me!

Quote Originally Posted by softplasticsdude79 View Post
    i let 3/4 of them go
    Maybe they remember what you look like and are avoiding you and telling their mates too

Quote Originally Posted by Defore View Post
    Maybe they remember what you look like and are avoiding you and telling their mates too
    yeah,definately not the best looking head i got,more like a dropped meat pie,maybe i should borrow rabbis rock also and give it ago.

I think I used up all the goodness outa my rock or someone rolled around on it too much.
    Maybe the one next to it is more lucky?

Dont worry Adam, theres a few of us suffering the same fate at the moment.
    Maybe Carnster caught em all??

This year has been a shocker in the decent fish section. Nuthing but Billy lids all year.
    The good thing is that this year is all but done.
    Maybe next year................
    Cheers steve

Well...same sh*t different year. 1st jew trip for 2012.....standing next to the jew whisperer himself.....casually throwing the halco into the suds....I got it back to within 10m of the rocks and it got hammered. Fish stripped about 3m of line against a stiff drag. Gave 3 head shakes and DOOOH! so my poor form from 2011 continues. Its got me beat how a fish can whack a lure with 3 trebbles on it and not have the hooks well embedded, I mean, I can sit a lure next to something on the bench.... and without looking the bloody things all caught up.....I could understand it happening once or twice but Im up to about a dozen big fish in a row!...I need more beer and its only 9am

Weather has been strange, I like Autumn and winter fishing, only the serious guys get out in the conditions (or crazy).

Seriously crazy they say mate,...we did have the spot to ourselves though

Gday adam, its not you mate the water is just too warm, i fish the passage most weekends and the flathead just fall away in catch numbers as soon as it gets warm, even fishing mid week over the last month has seen me struggle to get any flathead, late march things will pick up trust me, i also get a little concerned about catch numbers since the advent of soft plastics, some of my favourite banks at bribie get flogged every weekend and it makes you think what chance has a fish got, for instance i find that only around 1 in 50 flathead i catch would be over 65 cm with very few at 60cm, you can only eat them once..

perhaps take up GOLF ?

~~~~Keep ya thirsty eyes off my jim beam~~~

Mean az bro hahaha..yep ya gota try everything, if nothing else works then there's only one thing to do??? Jump in with tha bugga's hahahaha or put a hinaki in that will attrack something lol..

Adam you'll get them bro..Ya always do

Chur chur
    Billy(the crazzy kiwi)