Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where can i find prawns !!!

where can i find prawns !!!

Hey everyone,

Where is the best place to find some good size banana prawns, i live in burpengary/caboolture.

thanks

Re: where can i find prawns !!!

Just head up the Pine towards deep water bend in a months time and look for the 35,000 boats throwing nets. Thats where.
    Otherwise, they're in the Brissie River and Cabbage Tree Ck.

Your local Woolworths

or you could try Coles

No one is giving up their honey holes, keep an eye out for the yellow rain coats.

Hey guys I tried Coles but they got the shits when I through my cast net over the counter, I reckon I would have got at least 1kg per throw

Hi
    Upper parts of Caboolture river. As you drive along beacmere road the first bend in the river near Riversleigh-- you always see boats there castnetting. If you look across river there is a dead tree on bend and thats where you see alot of people. Don't know how snaggy it is.

Cheers
    Ronnie and go to Woolies-- they are Aussie prawns and not imported.

Quote Originally Posted by seastorm View Post
    Hey guys I tried Coles but they got the shits when I through my cast net over the counter, I reckon I would have got at least 1kg per throw
    Ha Ha Ha. Love it! talk about original.

Would the prawns from the Brisbane river be full of heavy metals and consumed in large quantities be bad for your health? even if you de-vein them? Or would they not absorb the heavy metals and toxins into their succulent flesh?

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have eaten Mud crabs from the river for 30 years and there is nothing nothing nothing nothing wrong with memememememe.

Seriously, a good prawn spot is in the Pine upstream from the Bruce Highway bridge, look for a deep hole at the sharp left hand bend in the river near the poo factory. produces good prawns.

And 2012, the next year of the Mighty Broncos.

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey Broncodude...I am pretty sure this map will show you where I am talking about.

Cheers Peter

http://www.nearmap.com/?q=Prawn%20sp...h&nmd=20111103

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

hahahahahaha thats funny shit storm lmfao

try up glasshouse creek ,seen alot of small 1's up there about a month ago

Quote Originally Posted by gruntahunta View Post
    I have eaten Mud crabs from the river for 30 years and there is nothing nothing nothing nothing wrong with memememememe.

Seriously, a good prawn spot is in the Pine upstream from the Bruce Highway bridge, look for a deep hole at the sharp left hand bend in the river near the poo factory. produces good prawns.

And 2012, the next year of the Mighty Broncos.

lol the stinky bend prawns are all yours! theres a reason they are there, and its the pooooooooooo.

I hope they come across the front of clontarf as thick as they did a couple years ago.